The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any news on that promised Alpa WA tilt (tilt/shift?) adapter

gerald.d

Hi all -

Does anyone know what happened to that rumoured/promised tilt (or was it tilt-shift?) adapter for wide angle lenses that was supposedly going to be announced by Alpa?

I think there was some chat about it here several months ago, with the expectation it would be announced within a couple of weeks.

Regards,

Gerald.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Nope, especially since Thierry dropped off the radar too.

My guess, photokina. Maybe.

Btw, unlikely to be an adapter but an alternative mounting assembly for your lens/shutter so I was told. I've heard a rumor (unsubstantiated) that they're working on an alternate body with tilt as another approach but nobody who really knows is saying.

PeterL

They said it would be announced in Q2, so still some time left ....

I have also heard about a new camera with tilt/shift - separate from the wide-angle tilt solution supposed to be announced here in Q2. But as Graham says - Photokina is probably when we'll see that.

Cheers, -Peter

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Patience is one of the most important virtues and anticipation is the most beautiful kind of joy .

f8orbust

Alpa's own press release said "Nevertheless we can confirm the introduction of a tilt/swing solution for several wide angle lenses. This addition to the existing 2x6° and 2x12° tilt/swing adapters should become available in Q2 2012. Stay tuned!"

Given the '..for several wide angle lenses...' bit, it sounds like it's going to be a new mount or adapter for some lenses - probably ones with a longer flange/sensor distance. If it's a new mount then it's a bit like the approach Cambo have taken - rather than a solution that works with all lenses e.g. Arca RM3D, Linhof Techno etc.

One thing's for sure, the non T/S mounts already cost big bucks, so if it is a new mount rather than an adapter, you'd better get the kids on eBay now in order to pay for them.