The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kodachrome 4x5 from 40's

Scott Tansey

This brings me great memories. My grandfather worked at MGM from 1933 to 1965, and when my parent got married on May 13, 1945, they had one picture taken with a 4x5 Kodachrome. I have to locate it, but I can assure you that the picture looked like it was taken yesterday.

Scott

They are lovely as is the original website Shorpy's which he does attribute. Somewhere on shorpy's is a family all eating watermelon, it's just the most amazing image. I have very few RSS feeds, shorpy's is one of those.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I fear that we really don't appreciate what we've lost these days with the shift to digital and in particular the demise of Kodachrome & Polaroid films. I hate thinking about the vast majority of digital imagery today that'll end up in the bit bucket lost forever ...