The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Phocus 1.1 Mac

Highlights include:

New Image Rotation tools
Controls for adjusting image orientation has been added to the crop tool and Viewer Toolbar. The crop tool now include buttons for changing rotation in 90° steps and a Straighten slider that allows you to arbitrary correct the image alignment. In the Viewer Toolbar there's now a Straighten tool - with this tool selected you can draw a line in the image along a part that is supposed to be either vertical or horizontal and the straighten value will be set accordingly. Finally it's also possible to freehand rotate the image in the viewer when in crop mode - to do so you need to click and drag outside the crop while holding down the alt button.

New Overlay tool
The new overlay tool offers handling of overlays in the Viewer and when in Live Video mode. Supported overlay file formats are TIFF, JPEG or PNG. The overlay tool is located in the viewer toolbar next to the grid button.

New custom white calibration tool
This new tool will allow you to correct for color cast effects when using wide angle lenses and/or tilt and shift. Custom white corrections are done by shooting a lens calibration file per lens, and applying it to all subsequent shots. The custom white interface has been added to the lens correction tool.

Outstanding Image Quality with new improved moiré detection
New and further enhanced moiré algorithm for more precise moiré detection, fewer artifacts and outstanding image quality.
New Viewer option
A new viewer option for displaying only the cropped area of the image is now available.

Performance improvements
The speed performance when browsing, zooming and comparing images has been improved in Phocus 1.1.

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

fotografz

Just tried it.

Finally a straightening tool ... which will keep me from having to open in another program to do that. The cropped area only addition was also a much needed improvement.

The software is faster than the previous version.

Gotta read up on the other new features ... most importantly the new custom White calibration tool.

So far ... :thumbs:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Paul

Thank you for your information .
I did a download from the german HASSELBLAD webpage and installed the new version .
Yes , as Marc says , PHOCUS 1.1 is faster .

HASSELBLAD Germany usually informs their registered customers , when a software update is available . Not so this time .

Regards Jürgen

s.agar

I was informed. Your's may be an automated mailer problem.
Anyway, you are lucky by being able to use the software. We, Vista users, are still waiting for the Phocus for Windows. So, enjoyyy..

Seyhun

Paul

HASSELBLAD Germany usually informs their registered customers , when a software update is available . Not so this time .

Regards Jürgen

fotografz

Paul, does the new custom white calibration allow use of the H3D-II/31 back with technical camera T/S now?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I got this in the mail . Hopefully the links work here

For a complete list of added features please read the Phocus read-me file, as well the Phocus User Manual - Edition III included with Phocus version 1.1.

To download Phocus directly from this message click this link: Phocus 1.1 for Mac

To get an easy overview of the basic features of Phocus please see our recently added video tutorials, available at this link: Watch video tutorials

Here http://www.hasselblad.com/service--support/technical-support/software-downloads.aspx

and here also http://www.hasselblad.com/products/phocus-software-features.aspx

Paul,
Do you know when we can expect the higher ISO update?
Thanks,
Joseph Ramos
The update firmware feature is present in Phocus 1.1 and is located in the File menu. I have tested this personally and this function is working. The firmware file will be available on the Hasselblad.com website in a few weeks.

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

Joseph Ramos

Workshop Member
Paul,
Thank you for answering. Just to be clear you are talking about being able to make the 31 shoot at ISO 1600 and the 39 to shoot at 800?
Thanks,
Joseph Ramos

Paul,
Thank you for answering. Just to be clear you are talking about being able to make the 31 shoot at ISO 1600 and the 39 to shoot at 800?
Thanks,
Joseph Ramos
Joseph,

That is correct, there will be a 1 stop increase in ISO:
H3DII31 currently ISO 800 will increase to ISO 1600
H3DII39 currently ISO 400 will increase to ISO 800

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

fotografz

Joseph,

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA
Paul, please alert us when the firmware is availble. I have been waiting with baited breath for 1600 for my H3D-II/31 ... not so much for 800 with the 39 ... but for available light with the 100/2.2 using the mirror delay ... I just can't wait. Very excited about this.

PeterA

I just downloaded it - and I appreciate the increase in speed and the fantastic rotation tool - so intuitive in use.

s.agar

Paul,

A few questions if you may help:

1. For PC users, is there any information about the availability date of the "Phocus for PC" ?

2. What are we losing with Flexcolor (PC) regarding the DAC while converting to TIFF/JPG and to DNG?

3. Are there any plans to include Level 3 correction for Phocus when converting tp DNG, as we may prefer to use Photoshop from thereon? Presently only Level 1 is being done, if I'm not mistaken.

4. Regarding Phocus (latest MAC edition of course) what sort of DAC is done, if any, for photos taken with Zeiss CF lenses with adapter?

Best regards

Seyhun

Joseph,

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

Seyhun

1. For PC users, is there any information about the availability date of the "Phocus for PC" ?
At this time there is no official release date for Phocus for PC. Our software engineers are working hard to complete Phocus 1.0 and Hasselblad wants to ensure that it provides an excellent first impression to our users.

2. What are we losing with Flexcolor (PC) regarding the DAC while converting to TIFF/JPG and to DNG?
Level 1, 2 and 3 are applied to files saved to Tiff and Jpeg, Only Level 1 is applied to 3F/3FR files saved or exported to DNG.

3. Are there any plans to include Level 3 correction for Phocus when converting tp DNG, as we may prefer to use Photoshop from thereon? Presently only Level 1 is being done, if I'm not mistaken.
Flexcolor and Phocus both provide a Level 1 Chromatic Aberration correction upon "export to" or "save as" DNG. Level 2 & 3 are not applied.

4. Regarding Phocus (latest MAC edition of course) what sort of DAC is done, if any, for photos taken with Zeiss CF lenses with adapter?
There are no DAC corrections for Zeiss lenses used with a CF adapter.
When an HC/HCD lens is used the focal lenght, f-stop and distance to subject are embedded within the 3F/3FR file and this data is used by Phocus or Flexcolor to apply the 3 Levels of DAC.

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

s.agar

Paul,

Thanks for the information.

I understand that the only difference between Flexcolor (PC) and Phocus (Mac) "regarding DAC" is that the Flexcolor may not be using the latest algorithms that came with Phocus 1.1, but should still be able to do a good job with Tiff/JPG.

It may be inconvenient, but I would really appreciate if you or a users may post an enlagged section of the critical parts of a picturre, processed by these 2 alternative softwares. It will be very good to know what I'm missing by not having Phocus. (or what to expect from reprocessing when Phocus for PC will be available).

Seyhun

Seyhun

Level 1, 2 and 3 are applied to files saved to Tiff and Jpeg, Only Level 1 is applied to 3F/3FR files saved or exported to DNG.

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

Paul,

Thanks for the information.

I understand that the only difference between Flexcolor (PC) and Phocus (Mac) "regarding DAC" is that the Flexcolor may not be using the latest algorithms that came with Phocus 1.1, but should still be able to do a good job with Tiff/JPG.

It may be inconvenient, but I would really appreciate if you or a users may post an enlagged section of the critical parts of a picturre, processed by these 2 alternative softwares. It will be very good to know what I'm missing by not having Phocus. (or what to expect from reprocessing when Phocus for PC will be available).

Seyhun
Hi Seyhun,

Performance between Flexcolor and Phocus for DAC will be the same. Currently Hasselblad has in excess of 57,000 data look up tables that we utilize for DAC correction.

If you follow this link within our website it will show what the effects of DAC. I think these are excellent examples.
Hasselblad Image Quality

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

s.agar

Thanks.

The moire improvements in Phocus 1.1 were already there then, as per your explanation.

Seyhun

Hi Seyhun,

Performance between Flexcolor and Phocus for DAC will be the same. Currently Hasselblad has in excess of 57,000 data look up tables that we utilize for DAC correction.

If you follow this link within our website it will show what the effects of DAC. I think these are excellent examples.
Hasselblad Image Quality

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA