The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

another 28mm lens decision thread ...

just trying to get to a conclusion that i won't regret.

i'm starting to build a business as a architectural photographer and want to expand my arca rm3d equipment to the shorter end.
currently i'm using a h3d-39 back and the 43xl from schneider.

guy's comparison of the rodie 28 and schneider 28 started my desire to get that focal length. although i was already waiting for the availability of the 32hr-w. :cool:

the main problem is, that my back is coming into age (and the screen isn't usable for focus control) and i ogle with a leaf credo.
would like to have the credo60, but for now i could only afford the credo40.
which would not be a IQ-problem, but the crop factor. it would lead the rodie 32 act like my hc35 on my hasselblad. and i just wanted to go a little wider than that.

so i think it should be one in the 28mm range.
according to guy's test, both are great / both have their issues.

i would like the bigger IC of the sk28 but i'am afraid how it will work with my h3d-39 or with a future credo40 or even credo60 (credo80 isn't what i intend to have)
guy switched to the rodie, due to cast issues on his iq160. which would clean up with lcc.

guy if you are watching - have you ever tried the sk28 again with your iq140?

has anyone experiences with a hasselblad back and the sk28?
does the sk28 perform significantly better on 1,3 crop sensor in terms of color cast? although the pixel size is the same as the 60 mpx sensors?

how many mm in movement do you get on 1,3 sensor?

if the sk28 is too problematic, would it be better to have a rodie 28 with small movements or the 32 with large movements and stich to get the FOV if needed?

it seems i just can't get it right. :confused:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Have not tried the SK 28 back on the 140 but it should be okay. The roadie on the 140 is killer but I do have it for sale in the buy and sell section. It's Cambo mount but you could convert to Arca , have to ask Rod about that . Hell you can buy my 140 too brand new. I might just get a 22 back for when I need this stuff. I just signed a deal on work that does not involve this so much so I'm back to rethinking this and trying to semi retire here to some degree.

gazwas

I'm back to rethinking this and trying to semi retire here to some degree.
From GetDPI?

Can't believe you selling up you tech camera stuff now....... :eek:

You should have stuck with the P40+ 12 months back as you really seemed to love shooting this back, while in contrast your love affair with the IQ's has been so short lived.

Guy Mancuso

No from GM photography. Not sure what i am doing on tech cam stuff. I don't really have the right work for it. I have other things in life that are just more important. Anyway this is not about me.

Guy Mancuso

sad news guy... :(

sorry, but getting it mounted and calibrated by arca will add more than 1k$ to your selling price.
well not really my wife and i bought her company and Im just shifting gears to support it much more , so I will still do commerce work just not going after certain gigs anymore and make it a little easier on me. End of day I actually win and I just nailed a nice contract too.

Guy Mancuso

On the 160 it did in the upper right quadrant and we could not figure it out so I traded for the Rodie. Now here is the name of the Roadie as I think the name has changed from S to this

28mm F/4.5 Rodenstock Apo-Sironar Digital HR Lens. mine is far more expensive than I am seeing on the web. Samys camera has it in a Alpa mount listed at 7200 without CF

On the 160 it did in the upper right quadrant and we could not figure it out so I traded for the Rodie. Now here is the name of the Roadie as I think the name has changed from S to this

28mm F/4.5 Rodenstock Apo-Sironar Digital HR Lens. mine is far more expensive than I am seeing on the web. Samys camera has it in a Alpa mount listed at 7200 without CF
just looked at rodenstock's pdf from their website: http://www.rodenstock-photo.com/mediabase/original/e_Rodenstock_Digital_Lenses_3-26__8236.pdf

look at page 5:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Another one bites the dust. I predict Guy, Jack and Bob all completely out of medium format within 6 months ... :eek:

Prove me wrong!