The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A quick shout out to the nice folks on this forum

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I just wanted to shout out to Ken Doo & Subrata who I had the privilege of meeting up with at the IQ road show session in San Francisco. You couldn't meet a nicer pair of folks and it was a pleasure to put a real face/person with the forum personas.

Maybe we should arrange some forum get togethers? It was great to catch up and have a real chat about the state of the MF market, our MF feelings (satisfaction and dissatisfactions) plus generally a great opportunity to catch up and meet such nice folks. The world was mostly put to rights between us :D

I also had a chance to meet with some GetDPI lurkers this weekend too.

:thumbs:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
The NYC Photo Plus Expo seems like an ideal time. It's no Photokina but it's as close as we come in the US.

And Kina for the international folks.

I could probably line up some space/time through my company if there was interest - all brands/formats welcome of course.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I will be in NY July 11-22 if anyone wants to do a meet up. Earlier the better as I will be slammed come the 14th.

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
I will try to make it. I work in the city so it should be easier for me, if my son doesnt have a baseball game that night (I'm the coach).

fotophil

I am sorry I missed the SF IQ Road Show but I wasn’t aware of it. Was it part of the Phase One Certification Program sponsored by Bear Images?

kdphotography

I am sorry I missed the SF IQ Road Show but I wasn’t aware of it. Was it part of the Phase One Certification Program sponsored by Bear Images?
Sorry we missed you there Phil!

It's a basic Phase One roadshow, introducing products and C1Pro. It included a check/cleaning of your Phase gear/lenses, and updating firmware. That alone made it worthwhile for me!

Perhaps at the next CI Carmel/Pigs in a Blanket! ;)

ken

fotophil

Hi Ken:

Where was the SF Road Show held?

I’m rrady for some more "Pigs in the Blanket" - please let me know.

Phil

I just wanted to shout out to Ken Doo & Subrata who I had the privilege of meeting up with at the IQ road show session in San Francisco. You couldn't meet a nicer pair of folks and it was a pleasure to put a real face/person with the forum personas.

Maybe we should arrange some forum get togethers? It was great to catch up and have a real chat about the state of the MF market, our MF feelings (satisfaction and dissatisfactions) plus generally a great opportunity to catch up and meet such nice folks. The world was mostly put to rights between us :D

I also had a chance to meet with some GetDPI lurkers this weekend too.

:thumbs:
Graham,

It was my pleasure to meet you & Ken in person!!!

Probably we should plan for some shootout next time.

Subrata

kdphotography

Hi Ken:

Where was the SF Road Show held?

I’m rrady for some more "Pigs in the Blanket" - please let me know.

Phil
Stan Musilek's studio in SF. Unassuming exterior with a nicely appointed interior!

Next CI/PIAB looking at a technical camera workshop playdate probably in February... :chug:

Analog6

I'd love to meet up with any Aussie MFs and any of you from 'over there' who come here to visit. If anyone is ever coming to my neck of the woods (northern NSW/SE Qld) please do not hesitate to email me the dates you are here (my email is linked in my profile) and if a visit can be done it will be! A sofa bed is available for anyone on a budget but bear in mind this is a cat house, and you may find a cat sharing with you, so no one with allergies. They do make good subjects though!