The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

iPhone Mounting Bracket from NuvoFocus

Jae_Moon

Can’t find any NuvoFocus app in the Apple app store. Any ideas?
NuvoFocus iPhone App was developed and tested with two group of beta testers but I decided not to release as a product.

The App was designed to do the following:

. DoF and HFD calculator
. Variable Focal Length ViewFinder
. Parallax adjustment
. Lens Tilt/Swing Angle Calculator
. Translate the focus distance into a Focus Setting for a specific lens with Lens Equation.
. Graphic display of Lens Tilt/Swing settings for Near and Far Focus Objects.
. And many more

The App was received extremely well by many Pro users, but I encountered a formidable obstacle, how much a user is willing to pay.

Many still have the idea that a software should be FREE or CHEAP. Most testers thought that the App should be in the range of $50 - 100, and a simple financial analysis will tell anyone that it is not a viable business.

Jae Moon

Marlyn

I think a significant number of people who sell apps thru the app store would disagree that "it is not a viable business".

The App store has set new benchmarks for viable models for pricing and distribution of applications. It dosn't suit everyone, but for those that embrace it, there is certainly money to be made.

What you sell, and at how much is obviously entirley up to you.

Regards

Mark

Jae_Moon

Clearance Sale: iPhone 4 & 4S Mounting Bracket

With the introduction of new iPhone 5, we are offering up to 50% discount to iPhone 4 & 4S Mounting Bracket and Accessories.

Please check Commercial Vendor Sales and Service Forum inside of Buy and Sell at the bottom of Forum directory for REDUCED pricing and how to order.

NuvoFocus

cunim

Having used this on an Alpa for a while, there are pluses and minuses. Major plus - it is 1/3 the price of the Alpa device. Major minus - the holder is tilted (>3 degrees in my case) relative to the camera. Yes, the tilt can be calibrated out in Alpa's software but it looks strange and is out of keeping with the precision of the rest of the system.

It may just be my unit that has this problem, but the fact that it can occur is a design flaw. I guess you pay your money and make your choice.