The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

"Blasphemous" thoughts about MF future

yaya

IF at some point in the future (3-5 years from now) some small camera, phone, webcam, toy or whatever that will be, will match or surpass the quality of some other bigger DSLR, or MFDB, will you ever consider to use that kind of toy for your landscape work, or the style of the camera will be a problem for you?[/B]
I use my iPhone to shoot landscape all the time...why do you want me to wait 3-5 years?

Shashin

IF at some point in the future (3-5 years from now) some small camera, phone, webcam, toy or whatever that will be, will match or surpass the quality of some other bigger DSLR, or MFDB, will you ever consider to use that kind of toy for your landscape work, or the style of the camera will be a problem for you?
Since I already buy cameras as technology change, I am uncertain why I would stop now. I care more about results than what is on my shoulder.

BTW, high-quality plastics are already being used in high-end lenses. They have been for years.

T

the scanner-guy

high-quality plastics are already being used in high-end lenses. They have been for years.
You are talking about special single elements that costs more than a normal glass lens. they are made from a bar stock just like I did. you get a lot of waste lenses before having one with no imperfections.