The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800 vs MFD - pointless if going vs uber MFD? what about others ?

etrump

I'm in Lake Clark for the week and due to weight limitations for light plane flight I could not bring the MF kit. I have to say I am extremely impressed with the D800E. It is an incredible camera. It's not a competitor for MF in terms of image quality, color and dynamic range but a huge leap forward in 35mm. It will open up many possibilities for me that did not exist before. It won't replace my MF system by any stretch but impressive just the same.

Ztacir

The best setup that money can get for me is :
Cambo w-rs AE
Phase one IQ180
Rodenstock 40 mm Tilt&swing.

This is the gear I got and I moved from Canon EOS-1 ds mark iii and L glasses.
It is a dream come through.

Check out my pictures at Ziya Tacir .

Ziya Tacir

etrump

The best setup that money can get for me is :
Cambo w-rs AE
Phase one IQ180
Rodenstock 40 mm Tilt&swing.

This is the gear I got and I moved from Canon EOS-1 ds mark iii and L glasses.
It is a dream come through.

Check out my pictures at Ziya Tacir .

Ziya Tacir
I agree Ziya. If I could only have one lens it would be the hr40 t/s. funny thing is don't own it. :)

(great new York portfolio btw)

MMPhoto

hi all,

About topic, well the d800 is very good. We should not think that it will replace MDF, the d800 is just another tool in are bag.

Back in the days of large format vs Hasselblad, the Blad was a very good system never had the focus, film plane or lens plane controls of a Large format. But it was good.

Has a fellow photographer told me back then; When you travel by car there are many ways to get to the destination. You can use a Cadillac or a Lada, it is just a question of comfort.

So the bottom line is, if you fell comfortable with one or the other it is your choice.

Have a good day, Michel