The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800 vs Etch-a-Sketch

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Maybe I can sell it with a name like NoctiEtchy . Easy 10k or trade it for a S2. Oh wait I need 5 of them.:D

No no no I can than get 2 D800 and one E version. So what do you think is the better camera now.

I do have a thing for two round buttons and they twist.:thumbs:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Has anyone applied the new etchIt 1.01 firmware to address the lock up? My dealer suggested giving it a whack on the corner ...

D&A

Lets all try and be unbiased! The Etch-a-Sketch doesn't use Saphire glass, so in time most of their screens scratch badly. On the plus side, I bet no one has seen evidence of Moire' on any Etch-a-Sketch image. Live view is sort of full time with Etch-a-Sketch and it never needs external sources of energy to power it. Combine this with a price thousands less than D800's and Medium format and it's a no brainer which wins! :) Only thing missing is a USB port to download images.

Since it's a slate, shouldn't we be comparing it to the ipad instead? LOL!

Dave (D&A)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Na Nikon and Phase are more fun to pick on but Hassy seems to have escaped the wrath of all this and they have nothing new . Go figure. Okay okay a regurgitated H body . Yippie do da

danlindberg

I've had a loaner and as nice as it draws I decided it wasn't for me. I couldn't figure out how to save a single image :cool:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Only thing missing is a USB port to download images.

Dave (D&A)
That's what the D800 is used for - you capture with the etch a sketch because of its ultimate metallic mono look and shoot the etch a sketch image with your D800 for a high quality digital copy for photoshop etc. :D

pophoto

Etch-a-Sketch lens compatibility is poor at best. I can't tell my wife I want a new lens at any given moment. <walks away in disgust>

Oren Grad

The Etch-a-Sketch doesn't use Saphire glass, so in time most of their screens scratch badly.
You need the Giottos model SP-EaS Schott glass screen protector. As these are priced roughly proportionately to glass area, this will cost you only $289.95.