The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any exciting new things coming out during Photokina 2012?

Zerimar

I wouldn't hold your breath for the IQ version of a P45+. When I spoke with the development manager of the IQ series he was at pains to point out their inability to do this without a new source of sensors and the lack of such source. He was a straight-up engineer/manager who looked me straight in the eye without any marketing BS so I tend to believe him. (Either that or one heck of a poker player)
I would like to second this as I did the Phase One Certified Professional training and was told by a few of the higher up Phase One staff that the new Dalsa chips are unable to handle the longer exposures in the IQ backs, and it is most likely not going to happen considering the cease of use for the Kodak chips in the P45+

I would have loved a long exposure back with the IQ features.

Smoothjazz

I second the call for a 50mm Tilt-shift Phase one lens. Even better yet would be a tilt shift adapter which I could use for all my other lenses. Does anyone make an after market product like that?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I second the call for a 50mm Tilt-shift Phase one lens. Even better yet would be a tilt shift adapter which I could use for all my other lenses. Does anyone make an after market product like that?
Not unless you have a short-mount lens.
What I would really like to see is phase come out of hiding about their body intentions.
-bob

evgeny

I would like to see:

1. Lighter and ever more power Hensel Porty system! Plus next generation of Porty Ring flash.

2. More variants of Westcott Polyester Scenic backgrounds. I have a number of these, and they are stunning, absolutely perfect for studio work.

3. A complete rewrite/re-engineering of Hasselblad Phocus. Better performance, especially when switching to Crop mode and stable tethering with camera.

These will best complement my H4D-40.:clap:

gazwas

My wants are pretty simple and more achievable as I would really like to see a new version of Capture One (version 7) that includes more local adjustment options including, colour balance and noise reduction. However more importantly I would like to control opacity of each layer and if possible, blend mode. A simple graduated filter adjustment option is also needed that can be coloured like Adobe allow in Camera RAW.

A new Phase body would be nice but I fear at a cost of probably three or four Nikon D800's it won't tempt me away from the highly capable DF of present.

jduncan

Hi,

What I will like (within what possible with limited investment):

1. A new Camera system from Hasselblad:
* More responsive, I will love to see 1.2fps with good buffer
* Second generation true focus technology
* Increase resolution with price shift : The hight end will be the H5D80, the entry the H5D-40 the 31 out
* This one is harder, because I don't know if the Hasselblad multishoot module can work with dalsa sized sensors: H5D-320
* Improved battery.
* One extra fast lens.

The other question is Phase One: If PhaseOne introduces a new Camera and Hasselblad do nothing It will be very difficult to justify selecting a H4D as a camera. Two years of delay on terms of sensor technology can be outset by a good system. But going as far will be difficult.

In the not going to happen desires:
* Hasselblad introduces a full new set of lenses, optically better, 1/1600 sync, faster etc.
* Hasselblad and Phase one announce big merge.
* A new Cmos sensor with Medium Format color rendition is anounced.
* Vulcans arrive and help us eliminate poverty, disease and suffering within a single century

Best regards,
James

Paul2660

My wants are pretty simple and more achievable as I would really like to see a new version of Capture One (version 7) that includes more local adjustment options including, colour balance and noise reduction. However more importantly I would like to control opacity of each layer and if possible, blend mode. A simple graduated filter adjustment option is also needed that can be coloured like Adobe allow in Camera RAW.

A new Phase body would be nice but I fear at a cost of probably three or four Nikon D800's it won't tempt me away from the highly capable DF of present.
Ditto on the Capture One ver7, and changes. I would love to have an opacity slider, however I doubt that will happen.
And please more local adjustments than 5. I have gotten to where I am using local adjustments more than anything else. Love them. But I quickly run out
with the max at 5 per image.

Paul

Last edited:

Quentin_Bargate

I'm already pretty happy with My H4D-50. Enough resolution for any normal purpose, great quality, etc. Love the camera and the three lenses I have. Nope, all good here :)

jduncan

I'm already pretty happy with My H4D-50. Enough resolution for any normal purpose, great quality, etc. Love the camera and the three lenses I have. Nope, all good here :)

Hi,

You are right. The issue is momentum: The company needs new buyers. They will consider if there is investment and future on the platform.

So, I strongly believe they need to show commitment. If they don't and Phase One either we will see more and more people opting to rent and from there the downstream spiral will almost inevitable.

In the other hand if Hasselblad don't show commitment, but Phase One shows a strong camera system the balance will change quite a bit.

For me, is not just the progress of Canon and Nikon. A medium format system is, for most people, a massive investment on a platform. They need to show to the potential costumer that there is a roadmap for the platform.

Best regards,

James

gazwas

But I quickly run out with the max at 5 per image.
Forget that one and yes, defiantly need more than five per image. A drawing performance boost is also much needed. Drawing/erasing really lags and needs to be more real time IMO.

Godfrey

"Expect nothing, and everything that surfaces is a thing of wonder.
Expect everything, and nothing will satisfy you."

Leica did suggest some months ago that they would be showing a new TTL electronic camera system. That would be neat. Of course, the rumors are flying about a Nikon D600.

What I'd like at Photokina time is the time to go to Photokina. That would be more fun for me than any bushel load of new equipment as I have everything I need equipment-wise. ;-)

ghoonk

I, for one, having just gotten myself into the wide world of the Xpan, would love to see

- a digital Hasselblad Xpan produced by Fuji
- utilizing the same CMOS sensor type as the X Pro 1 (no AA filter, does not use a Bayer array) but at 65x24mm
- a bright rangefinder viewfinder for focusing instead of a hybrid viewfinder
- usable/clean high ISO images up to ISO3200
- support for the Xpan's X-mount lenses (30/5.6 Asph, 45/4, 90/4), up to 30 minutes long exposure capability, shooting to SDXC/SDHC cards at 3 fps, Live View, priced around USD4-5k with a 45/4 lens without center filter.

This would have a multifold effect - a revival of the Hasseblad X-series, a possible revival of film panoramic camera, establishment of Hasseblad in a unique niche, all without having to invest crazy money in development of expensive lenses (the Xpan lenses have more in common with MF lenses than 35mm lenses), while leaving the body wizardry to Fuji who have been successful with their own X100 and X Pro 1

Don Libby

I'm more than happy with the odds and ends Cambo has released and wonder if they held back on the bigger stuff.

m21apsh

there is a rumor that Alpa is coming out a new camera....

can anyone confirm that?

better/more precision focusing system + tilt/swing ability for wide angle?

What else do you need to improve from current tech system in general?

S

Shelby Lewis

that will make all those who sold off their MF gear for the D800 sick.
The d800 (in my personal experience) is already making sick, on it's own, some of us who sold off our MF gear :eek:

If CMOS is the next thing in MF, I sure hope the color is better than current 35mm CMOS. Very few of them have color accuracy and separation of the CCD sensors. Maybe Leica will pull it off.

ondebanks

The d800 (in my personal experience) is already making sick, on it's own, some of us who sold off our MF gear :eek:

If CMOS is the next thing in MF, I sure hope the color is better than current 35mm CMOS. Very few of them have color accuracy and separation of the CCD sensors. Maybe Leica will pull it off.
That really isn't the fault of CMOS per se. CMOS manufacturers like Sony and Canon seem to be using Bayer filters with spectral bandpasses which overlap more than necessary. This would appear to be an attempt to get more luminance S/N, especially at high ISO where it's needed most.

Ray

Geoff

One gets the sense you aren't totally satisfied?