The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any exciting new things coming out during Photokina 2012?

m21apsh

ALPA wide angle tilt adapter?

Leica S3? M10?

Hasselbald H5D?

Any other Rumor ?

best

Jeff

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There will be a revolutionary firmware upgrade for Etch-a-Sketch with enhanced left-hand support and improved 2D functionality :)

Swissblad

There is a rumour of a new HB camera - at one time if was thought to be a new Xpan..... now a small compact MFD.
Guess we'll have to wait and see.

fotografz

I only bet on a Leica M10 with a CMOS sensor, but still a traditional rangefinder. A M28/1.4 FLE ASPH has been heavily rumored for some time now. Leica has been working on another camera with EVF and all that for a while ... this is the one that supposedly will take the R lenses with an adapter.

Given Leica's size, the fact they have not completed the move to the new factory, and that resources probably are focused on the M rangefinder money maker, how much attention will be placed on the S system is debatable. The new S Leaf Shutter lenses won't be available until October, and the long awaited S-24mm has yet to be announced as a real item. Frankly, I'm not sure what they could do to improve the S2 camera ... IMO, the only real possibility for a S3 would be switching to a MFD CMOS sensor with live view and all that, and maybe a different multi-point AF system. If so, they'd be the first to go with a custom made CMOS in a larger sensor camera ... can't imagine what that would cost in Leica dollars :eek:

Hasselblad is totally inscrutable, and always has been. As a customer, I've been bombarded with their price reduction notice and aggressive trade-in offers ... which conspicuously end in September 2012, the month of Photokina :rolleyes:

Here's my Hassey prediction ... based on the fact that they have discontinued production of all CF backs with iAdapter system, and have steadily integrated the H back, camera and finder more and more each year ... it is possible they may introduce a new fully integrated smaller and more nimble H mount camera and leave the tech camera applications to Leaf/Phase who dominate that market anyway. Pricing/Value will be the important part of that equation. As a H4D/60 owner, I'm pretty satisfied (except for the tardy clip-on battery), so it'll have to be pretty compelling to get my dollars.

I believe Phase One will roar back with a new camera body that matches their backs ... who will make it is the question in my mind. Personally, if it is Mamiya, it will be suspect and really have to prove itself, and not with just marketing speak like used with the DF camera. It is the weak link in the Phase One system and has been for some time.

-Marc

KeithL

Well, there could be a very rare appearance of the Laban wallet.

Graham Mitchell

I'm hoping to see a limited edition H4 camera encrusted in Swarovski crystals and finest quality ostrich scrotum leather. With a choice of colours please.

Mammy645

Quite frankly I'd be in shock if Phase One didn't present a completely new and MUCH improved camera. It's been a long time coming and my guess is they've been working hard on it ever since they bought Mamiya, possibly even before that. If the IQ backs and the industrial cameras are any indication I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

archivue

i'd like to see zeiss our schneider or rodenstock selling wide angle lenses in mamiya mount 35, 28... or even more à really good PC lense in 40mm focal length...
my that's just a dream...

Phase One / Mamiya DF 2 probably !

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I expect the usual collection of hyperbole and extravagant claims for incremental changes on most products.
It also appears that most vendors are trying to avoid announcing anything very new there as then it gets lost in the flood of noise from everyone else.
-bob

gerald.d

Canon 3D. Full frame sensor. 46MP. Makes all those who sold off their Canon gear for a D800 sick.

Phase One. Finally a decent body with multi-point AF and all sort of other wonderful gubbins that will make all those who sold off their MF gear for the D800 sick.

Alpa. A lens adapter for the 12 series that includes a shutter, to fit Canon lenses with full electronic control of aperture. That will make me sick because I'm about to buy an HCam :D

kdphotography

i'd like to see zeiss our schneider or rodenstock selling wide angle lenses in mamiya mount 35, 28... or even more à really good PC lense in 40mm focal length...
my that's just a dream...

Phase One / Mamiya DF 2 probably !
Regardless of an improved next generation DF body, the real weak link imho is the lack of a really kick-*** wide angle lens option ala Schneider (and in the same quality vein as the venerable 150D). Even if expensive (5K+), it would still be a less expensive option than buying a technical camera system. I'd like to see new wide angle lens offerings for the DF...

ken

I heard POne/mamiya body will not be until 2013. We should see a replacement for the P45 (iq with long exposure but maybe not sensor+). Sony a99 FF 24MP and a 50/1.2 (but could be announced earlier). A low end FF nikon with 24mp? A new linhof GG or some other focusing aide for the techno/cs?

markymarkrb

I am hoping for a weatherproof mirrorless option for the IQ180. I think it would be possible to have something almost like the Ixr with an iPhone style camera on the front side of it. This could feed the screen on the IQ180 back a "live view" image and you could adjust your composition just like people mount the iPhone on an ALPA. The camera would know what lens was mounted on the camera and adjust the frame accordingly. Add a completely weather sealed package and some more wide angle lenses, possibly some tilt/shift functions and you would make me cry. Boom boom, you have the speed of CMOS while the CCD lives on. I am ready to move on from weak viewfinders and mirror slap. You could even put a small LCD on top of the camera box to give people a looking down view. Bring it Phase One and give me a cut of the money for coming up with the idea. I wish.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I heard POne/mamiya body will not be until 2013. We should see a replacement for the P45 (iq with long exposure but maybe not sensor+).
I wouldn't hold your breath for the IQ version of a P45+. When I spoke with the development manager of the IQ series he was at pains to point out their inability to do this without a new source of sensors and the lack of such source. He was a straight-up engineer/manager who looked me straight in the eye without any marketing BS so I tend to believe him. (Either that or one heck of a poker player)

da_eltsch

For my "digital" MF I am absolutely curious about the new Plustek 120 scanner. Hopefully we get a chance to see some real world presentations...

Last edited:

Ben Rubinstein

I wonder how Canon will price their higher megapixel camera that most suppose will happen. Their lower megapixel 5D3 is already more expensive than the D800.