The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV technical Questions

elrafo

Hello!

I am a new CFV16 User, I have for now 2 questions:

I use a 500 CM, looks like I can't shoot with B pause, the minimum is 1/8 sec, at 1 sec, I get a wired purple curtain / filter on the whole picture... any ideas ?

Also I would like to know the shuttercount of this item, when I take a photo, the number is A1213147.3FR, does it me one million shots ? :)

thanks to let me know!

raph

elrafo

I think I found the option for long exposure in the menu, looks like maximum is 32 sec with the 500 C'M:)

but for the shuttercount, no idea!

Douglas Fairbank

The exposure count can be found in the 'Information' option. If you want to control the image numbering please look at this guide attached and follow the instructions.

Douglas Fairbank

hello Douglas, I tried but it doesn't work on my CFV16 ... maybe there is another manip to do ?
You need to check again! It does work and I have just done it on a CFV that I have with me right now. Maybe the firmware needs updating?

Last edited:

elrafo

hello,

my Firmeware revision is 245, on Hasselblad website I dont' see any firmware for CFV available for download...

thanks!

Douglas Fairbank

hello,

my Firmeware revision is 245, on Hasselblad website I dont' see any firmware for CFV available for download...

thanks!
The latest firmware is R267, it is on the Hasselblad website under 'Firmware Downloads' , 3rd item down. You install it using Phocus software also available on the Hasselblad website free of charge to all regardless of whether you own a camera or not.

On your digital back the true exposure count is available in the same menu that allows you to reset the frame counter.

hello,

thanks!
Raph

Follow this link to Hasselblad website for firmware download.

This is the third item down on the page.
Sensor Unit firmware combined: R267
This package contains firmware release R267 for the cameras listed below:

Highlights Include

An important modification in the firewire protocol has been implemented to improve stability

Product Relevance
H3DII-22, H3DII-31, H3DII-39, H3DII-39MS
H3D-22, H3D-31, H3D-39
H2D-22, H2D-39
CF-22, CF-22MS, CF-39, CF-39MS
CFII-22, CFII-22MS, CFII-39, CFII-39MS
CFV, CFVII, CFV-39
CFH-22, CFH-39
503CWD
H4D-31

Contact me via PM if you need assistance with the firmware update process.

elrafo

ok it works ;)

here is my log: 0: GetImageID 3739

does it mean that my CFV has only 3739 activations ? :) I feel lucky!!