Site Sponsors

Thread: Problem with my leaf aptus back?

Post Thanks / Like

Problem with my leaf aptus back?

Hello,
    I was shooting my mother's boyfriend friend with his guitar on the roof of our apartment building and I noticed something weird in one of the selections. I had him reflect light from his guitar into the camera to give a shining effect to his guitar- but there is some weird effect coming from it. Note the bottom of the guitar- it has this weird block shaped thing on it. What can it be?

I applied no adjustments in Capture One and just processed it into a jpeg. Any clues?

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Problem with my leaf aptus back?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dote View Post
    Hello,
    I was shooting my mother's boyfriend friend with his guitar on the roof of our apartment building and I noticed something weird in one of the selections. I had him reflect light from his guitar into the camera to give a shining effect to his guitar- but there is some weird effect coming from it. Note the bottom of the guitar- it has this weird block shaped thing on it. What can it be?

I applied no adjustments in Capture One and just processed it into a jpeg. Any clues?
    CCD sensor bloom and over saturation streaking ... Basically too much light.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. So basically, I shouldn't intentionally overexpose and save that effect for post. Got it.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dote View Post
    Thank you. So basically, I shouldn't intentionally overexpose and save that effect for post. Got it.
    Over exposing is ok but it's a matter of how extreme the light is. That's one big, bright highlight.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"