The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Greenish cast in Leaf Aptus 22 raw files

Analog6

Can any Leaf users recommend the best colour balance to set for a leaf Aptus 22 for landscape work. They are quite green. I have only had it for a couple of days, and am getting good results, but would like a more nuetral colour balance to begin with. I have the Grey balance parameter set to Daylight.

gebseng

My old Valeo 22 also has the same problem, which I found disconderting in the beginning. And I also found out that I basically can not use the WB preets at all, but had to make new ones to avoid the greenish cast.

geb

shlomi

Set Tint to about 20 - the default is 0 and then you get very green pictures.

I don't know if all Aptus 22 units have the same WB, but that was my experience with the one I had.

SergeiR

Its a weird thing with Aptus 54s as well. If you shoot tethered you getting proper balance. If you shoot in field with CF - all default settings would have too much green. I even sent mine to MAC to get recalibrated, as dealer had no clue - came back exactly same after "restored to factory settings". Just get yourself decent grey card.

Analog6

Thanks for the replies. I have a grey card and will have to read up how to set a custom WB from it.

mediumcool

Thanks for the replies. I have a grey card and will have to read up how to set a custom WB from it.

1. Take a shot with neutral grey in it; I photographed the side of a Mac G5.

2. Click on Grey button on bottom of screen on the right.

3. Click on a grey area in the preview.

4. Click the *ok* tick in the bottom right corner. You will get a dialogue saying “The new settings will affect all future shots.”

Hope this is the same on your back … :D