Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: New Sinar digital back to 192MP

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like

    New Sinar digital back to 192MP


  2. #2
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1031

    Re: New Sinar digital back to 192MP

    Looks like tethered only -- fine if you have a portable device or shoot primarily in the studio...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  3. #3
    Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,575
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: New Sinar digital back to 192MP

    The industry should really develop a smartphone tethering standard. Not that I'm volunteering to do it...

    -Matt

  4. #4
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: New Sinar digital back to 192MP

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Looks like tethered only -- fine if you have a portable device or shoot primarily in the studio...
    That will make the already ultra portable GX680 even more handy. I'm almost happy that there's no way I can afford it

    Up to 288MB 49MP files. That would mean around 1GB when going all out and shooting 192MP, right? 1,000 shots on a 1TB drive? This must be a record of some kind

  5. #5
    Senior Member Quentin_Bargate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Saffron Walden, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    58

    Re: New Sinar digital back to 192MP

    What is the advantage over the Hassy H4D-200MS?
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

  6. #6
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: New Sinar digital back to 192MP

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin_Bargate View Post
    What is the advantage over the Hassy H4D-200MS?
    That it can be fitted on Sinar p3/p2/p/x view cameras, Sinar m, Sinar Hy6, Sinarcam 2; Contax 645 AF; Fuji GX 680 I, II, III; Hasselblad V, H1, H2; Mamiya RZ 67/Pro II, RB 67, 645 AFD, AFD II, 645 Super, Pro, Pro6008, 6008 Integral, 6008 Integral2, 6008 AF and any non-Sinar 4x5“ view cameras via Graflock adapter?
    Things I sell: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/epixx?language=en
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Sinar digital back to 192MP

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    That it can be fitted on Sinar p3/p2/p/x view cameras, Sinar m, Sinar Hy6, Sinarcam 2; Contax 645 AF; Fuji GX 680 I, II, III; Hasselblad V, H1, H2; Mamiya RZ 67/Pro II, RB 67, 645 AFD, AFD II, 645 Super, Pro, Pro6008, 6008 Integral, 6008 Integral2, 6008 AF and any non-Sinar 4x5“ view cameras via Graflock adapter?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Warks, UK
    Posts
    550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Sinar digital back to 192MP

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    That it can be fitted on Sinar p3/p2/p/x view cameras, Sinar m, Sinar Hy6, Sinarcam 2; Contax 645 AF; Fuji GX 680 I, II, III; Hasselblad V, H1, H2; Mamiya RZ 67/Pro II, RB 67, 645 AFD, AFD II, 645 Super, Pro, Pro6008, 6008 Integral, 6008 Integral2, 6008 AF and any non-Sinar 4x5“ view cameras via Graflock adapter?
    I have a (yaw-free Sinar) sliding back to put my Hasselblad back on a Sinar P3... what else would you need in a studio?

    I also have the yaw-free sliding back for my Sinar 54H, so if anyone would like to send me both of these Multi-Shot digital backs, I would be glad to play with them?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Sinar digital back to 192MP

    Yes, seems like something similar to Hassy's multishot, without understanding either fully I thought the Hassy took 4 shots and combined whereas this takes 16 with the claim that the end result is a full-colour-per-pixel sampling. Must be great for repro and product work.

  10. #10
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: New Sinar digital back to 192MP

    Quote Originally Posted by wentbackward View Post
    Yes, seems like something similar to Hassy's multishot, without understanding either fully I thought the Hassy took 4 shots and combined whereas this takes 16 with the claim that the end result is a full-colour-per-pixel sampling. Must be great for repro and product work.
    The Sinar also has a 4-shot mode, possibly similar to the Hasselblad. That's what creates the 192MP files.

    http://www.sinar.ch/en/products/digi...inarback-exact

  11. #11
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    141

    Re: New Sinar digital back to 192MP

    Quote Originally Posted by wentbackward View Post
    Yes, seems like something similar to Hassy's multishot, without understanding either fully I thought the Hassy took 4 shots and combined whereas this takes 16 with the claim that the end result is a full-colour-per-pixel sampling. Must be great for repro and product work.
    So the back shifts the sensor 1/2 pixels left, up, and right to get 192MP image. At the same time it shifts the sensor 1 pixel to take a red, green, and blue exposure at each position so there is not need for Bayer interpolation.

    I have used 16-shot cameras and there is no real difference in color between the Bayer and real color images. There is a difference in the added resolution of the half-pixel shift.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Warks, UK
    Posts
    550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Sinar digital back to 192MP

    Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    So the back shifts the sensor 1/2 pixels left, up, and right to get 192MP image. At the same time it shifts the sensor 1 pixel to take a red, green, and blue exposure at each position so there is not need for Bayer interpolation.

    I have used 16-shot cameras and there is no real difference in color between the Bayer and real color images. There is a difference in the added resolution of the half-pixel shift.
    The sensors have, I believe, groups of 4 sensor sites (with green, green, red and blue filters) which make up each pixel... and conventional multi-shot backs move the sensor, but the Hasselblad rep told me that the Hasselblad 200Mpx MS system simply moves the filter mask, so each of the 4 sensor sites becomes a full pixel.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •