The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar eMotion 75 - any infos appreciated

Stefan Steib

Hi Pete

yes what I have seen so far this is one of the not so much spread MF backs, but actually it´s pretty good. It´s a pity Sinar is shrinking and shrinking. The market could really use some more players to keep everything lively !

Greetings from Lindenberg
Stefan

torger

I'd like to see a Sinarback eMotion 86LV, but unfortunately that does not exist. It seems like they have stopped doing backs with LCDs alltogether?

Stefan Steib

The eMotion states on the back of the item - "made by Jenoptic"
I wonder who is doing their new Multishot , actually this can only be Jenoptic- who else ? So Jenoptic could do a better resolution chip easily, but they have stopped devellopment..........

Kind of a riddle to me, but they also pulled the plug on the Hy6 and this is what nobody understands too. So more riddles.

Regards
Stefan

torger

Developing a standalone digital back with LCD must be a lot more expensive than making a tethered only. I would guess that making a new tethered back based on a Dalsa standard sensor is actually quite "cheap". And Sinar view cams are studio work horses so tethering is natural. For a tech camera maybe tethered to a Ipad type of tablet could be a future option.

I guess they did could not really keep up with the competition from Phase One et al concerning standalone backs...

Pingang

It is a rather stright forward back, works much better than tethered use - probably because of the software - which interface is rather aged looking - compares to C1 but eM75LV produce very pleasing skin tones, very good file.
It is the only back in the market that is truly open, with respectful quality, I enjoying using it, a little less enjoying developing its file as I do with Phase One backs. Once one master the software of course the result will be optimized, but the whole experience can be so much improved if the software is as modern as C1.

Pingang

I am getting an eMotion 75 (latest version) for a very good price and will use it as a demounit for my HCam-B1 ( and private ProTL + RZ PRO II ).
The charme of this is the adapter system, the chip has a reasonable size so our wideangle stuff will show it´s value and the image quality is not so bad either.

I already have the 3 Brummbär sofware tools and the manual as PDF.
I also read a lot on it from back around 2008/2009 and I think this will make a great system for a budget.

Any hints, things to look for, specialties, tricks ,

And yes I also contacted Thierry about it, he probably knows more than most or anyone. But I´d like to hear from people who actually used it in the field or studio.

TIA

Stefan

Ashish65

Have gotten the back now, but it needs some work. In the meantime- what is the largest size CF Card supported by it ? And - the Sinar batteries are crazy expensive - any alternatives ? The charger is a normal Sony NP-F550 compatible, but the batteries are special ones, a bit less voluminous than the original NP-F´s.

then-the RZ adapter is also rotating(by the RZ mechism?) or does this only apply to the HY6 rotating adapter.

TIA
Stefan
I request help of forum members for the following issue - my sonar eMotion 75LV back (used on Hasselblad ELM camera does not store pictures to the CF card (16GB Kingston card which came with the back) is this correctable by a firmware update. Also my Mac Pro computer does not read the CF card to import pictures into Captureshop. I have tried the card installed in the back and with a card reader. Help is appreciated, thanks Ashish

Ashish65

I request help of forum members for the following issue - my Sinar eMotion 75LV back (used on Hasselblad ELM camera does not store pictures to the CF card (16GB Kingston card) which came with the back) is this correctable by a firmware update. Also my Mac Pro computer does not read the CF card to import pictures into Captureshop. I have tried the card installed in the back and with a card reader. Import from the internal storage of the eMotion 75LV is trouble free. The files are lovely. Help is appreciated, thanks Ashish

tomasjohanson

I am getting an eMotion 75 (latest version) for a very good price and will use it as a demounit for my HCam-B1 ( and private ProTL + RZ PRO II ).
The charme of this is the adapter system, the chip has a reasonable size so our wideangle stuff will show it´s value and the image quality is not so bad either.

I already have the 3 Brummbär sofware tools and the manual as PDF.
I also read a lot on it from back around 2008/2009 and I think this will make a great system for a budget.

Any hints, things to look for, specialties, tricks ,

And yes I also contacted Thierry about it, he probably knows more than most or anyone. But I´d like to hear from people who actually used it in the field or studio.

TIA

Stefan

I have the old Brumbear eMotionDng software with different highlight recovery if someone are interested.
Used it a lot with my eMoton 75 some years ago.

Contax645/eMotion75 -> DNG -> Irident Developer = beautiful files

/Tomas

Stefan Steib

I never bought the Emotion back, because after I got a quote for a repair of 3000€ I decided to let that go. Useless.
And further, a short time after that came the message, that Sinar has stopped all support for emotion backs now.
So that nearly brand new back, with maybe 500 exposures can only be used as a doorstopper now.

Bad decision by Sinar I´d say.

Regards
Stefan