The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bigstopper & Cambo Lee Lens Hood - does it work ?

Marlyn

Howdy all,

I've been looking at the new Cambo Lens hood with Lee Holder for my WRS-AE system, and it looks pretty good, however one major question.

Looking at the system, there appears to be quiet a gap between the edges of the filter and the Lens, and absolutely NO light sealing.

Has anyone tried it whilst using a Bigstopper Filter ? (or other lee filters for that matter) Got any Suggestions on how to fill in the gap and make it useable (on multiple lenses), without requiring the Lee front element holder.

Note: Lense I currently use are SK 60mm, and about to be SK 120mm and HR 32mm. I have quiet and investment in Lee holders and filters already, and use them extensively. Currently working out best way to continue on the new 32HR lens which is too wide for Lee's filter holders with the CF.

Regards

Mark.

Marlyn

After further research the answer is 'No'.

You could fill in the area with some dark cloth / rubber or similar, but the rest of the design makes it pretty useless, as per the other threads.

The lack of ability to use Grad's in it is the showstopper IMO. Need another solution.

I own a bunch of the Lee lens hood's and other stuff already, so time to get out the dremell and the drill and see what can be made.

Regards

Mark