Site Sponsors

Thread: Your humble opinion on Hasselblad V WA

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Your humble opinion on Hasselblad V WA

After shooting Hasselblad "V" systems for about 30 years, my shortest lens has been the 150 (other than the ArcBody Rodenstock wides). So now I'm in the market for a 50, 60 or 80, but I'd like your experienced opinion on which is the "sharpest" and user-friendly for my IQ-160 back, please.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your humble opinion on Hasselblad V WA

The best WA in MFD ive ever used is the 40 CFE IF. IT is sharp into the corners almost like a tech cam lens. But only the latest version not the CFE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Spinnler View Post
    The best WA in MFD ive ever used is the 40 CFE IF. IT is sharp into the corners almost like a tech cam lens. But only the latest version not the CFE.

I can only agree to what Paul says .
    The 40 CFE IF is an outstanding lens . Next to that I find the DISTAGON 60mm very good as well and I would prefer it over the latest 50 DISTAGON .
    Unfortunately only available as used . Its out of production and stock .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

one of my fav shots with the 40CFE IF, CFV39

Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 40 CFE IF that I purchased a while back before going heart and soul into digital. I love the lens so much that I purchased a CF adapter to use with an H3D. How would you compare the 40 CFE IF + CF adapter to the current line-up of Hasselblad WA lenses? Do you think it is worth the extra work that goes into using this combination?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The Zeiss Distagon 4/40 IF has a measured center resolution of 200 LP/mm. This is crazy and probably one of the sharpes lenses built ever. This is the reason why we use it as a base lens kit for our Hartblei "Optics by Carl Zeiss" Superrotator 4/40 IF.
    BTW - Hartblei is the last remaining Distributor of new Zeiss MF Glass worldwide (besides new old stock of V lenses or Sinar M lenses who also used this lenskit for Digital Photography ) although we use it on 35mm mounts.

Regards
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you, gentlemen, for your most valued opinions. (That harbor scene is one of the best examples of wide angle capabilities that I've seen.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    one of my fav shots with the 40CFE IF, CFV39

Great image John. Everytime I see this image, the thought crosses my mind that I really, really should get a CFV-39 for those wide angle shots that my CFV-16II just can't produce. The 40 CFE IF is truly an outstanding lens.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

The 40 CFE IF is my best lens. I also use it with an adapter on my cambo wrs and have 11 mm shift with sharp corners and up to 15 mm with a bit loss of sharpness. The distortion if necessary can easily be fixed with the alpa lens correction software. The perfect thing is also that I have a bright image in the viewfinder with this wideangle on a techcam. I would be interested to compare this lens with the rodenstock 40 hr.....
    Ben
    Last edited by Ben730; 2nd September 2012 at 12:05.