The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Credo Coming in AFi Mount

DeckardTrinity

I dunno Anders... seems to me the grumbling in the DF+ announcement thread means Leaf now has the advantage with the Hy6 + Credo back solution, even with its drawbacks. I really think the only thing stopping the Hy6 from being adopted by the DF folks is lack of marketing and Phase IQ interoperability.

kipling

If I could upgrade from the Phaseone DF to the HY6 2, believe me I would.
Why Phase one doesn't integrate this beautiful camera into their system is a complete mystery to me.

What does an HY6 2 and the 80mm cost?
Less than €4200? :D

Anders_HK

to upgrade the HY6 mod1 in HY6 mod2 it is not possible.
Above is incorrect.

Per my personal teleconvesation with Mr Hartje, CEO of DWH the upgrade of existing Hy6 will be available about two weeks after Photokina. It includes all Mod 2 updates but not change of body panels.

If you are in China perhaps conyact David at Livecoal in Hong Kong for clarification.

Best regards,
Anders

D

David A

Hi all
Can someone clear up a bit of confusion for me. The newly announced Rolleiflex Hy6 Mod 2, What digital back mount will it actually have? Could you order a Credo with a mount to fit it straight of, or will you need to have an adapter plate? But most important will it actually be available to purchase in the UK?

Yours confusingly

David

lance_schad

Workshop Member
When I met with Dov from Mamiya Leaf a few months back he said that the Credo in Hy6/AFi mounts would ship prior to the end of the year.

It will be a dedicated mount not an adapter.

I am not sure if the mount will be rotatable. It definitely will not have a rotating sensor like the AFi had.

We are taking orders for them currently. I would check with your local distributor.

Lance (email)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I am not sure if the mount will be rotatable. It definitely will not have a rotating sensor like the AFi had.
Dov indicated it would be mountable in vertical or horizontal orientation. You will have to remove the back to rotate it. Not as slick as an internally rotating sensor but should only take 2-3 seconds to switch from horizontal to vertical or vice versa. Similar in concept to the Hassy V mount Leaf backs.

Of course the proof is in the pudding. Or the "shipping" in this case :).

yaya

Doug get your a** to hall 9.1 tomorow and you can shoot the thing (with a black body...)

M

mjr

That looks incredibly well made, I sold all of my Rollei gear a few years back, kicking myself now.

Does anyone know who will be stocking the Hy6II in either UK or Sweden/EU? I'd be interested in prices for a kit with a Credo back when they are available so need to find a dealer.

Cheers

Mat

Anders_HK

That looks incredibly well made, I sold all of my Rollei gear a few years back, kicking myself now.

Does anyone know who will be stocking the Hy6II in either UK or Sweden/EU? I'd be interested in prices for a kit with a Credo back when they are available so need to find a dealer.

Cheers

Mat
You can always send a private message to yaya in above, he is product manager for Leaf. Or look for a Leaf agent here Mamiya Leaf Partners Europe

For Hy6 you can contact DHW direct (do note country codes are wrong, they should be +49 for Germany)
Test reports and other information
or DHW website
DHW Fototechnik GmbH

Best regards,
Anders

kuau

Workshop Member
Oh well, for me, I will stick with my "old" Aptus II 7 AFI back on my Sinar arTec.
I would love the new LCD on the Credo, but since I only shoot in the field, and being extremely clumsy. I could not live without my rotating sensor and tilting LCD, even if the image preview is crap.
At least I have the security of not having to worry about dropping my back or dealing with dust....

If I do anything in the future, I would be interested in a Aptus II 10 AFI..
I will wait for prices to continue to fall.

JorisV

Oh well, for me, I will stick with my "old" Aptus II 7 AFI back on my Sinar arTec.
Just a note on this, I was told that Leaf currently has no plans to release a Credo 40 in the AFi mount, only the Credo 60 and 80.

Anders_HK

If I do anything in the future, I would be interested in a Aptus II 10 AFI..
That is what I first looked at to upgrade my Aptus 65, which is same sensor as yours but a tad smaller crop. The 10 felt as primarily a gain in pixels. The jump to AFi-II 12 was a much larger step in image quality. Looking also at pricing difference and a longer keeping of 12 made me go with the 12.

Recommend you to have careful look.

Best regards,
Anders