Site Sponsors

Thread: MFD R+D Changes: Former Hasselblad R+D Manager Joins Team Phase One

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

MFD R+D Changes: Former Hasselblad R+D Manager Joins Team Phase One

Some changes in Medium Format R+D, in the works for quite some time, were announced today:
    - Claus Mølgaard, VP of R+D for Phase One will be joining Apple (though remaining a P1 stock holder)
    - Michael Rosenberg, will take over as Phase One's VP of R+D, leaving his position as Corporate Head of R+D for Hasselblad

On a personal note I can say that Claus is an incredible person. Though only occasionally (since he worked out of Denmark), I had the chance to work with him in person. He was passionate, creative, thoughtful, and a really nice guy. I'm sad to see him go, but very glad for him that he'll be ending up at Apple (every nerd's dream I think). They are very lucky.

I have not met Michael, but his resume of R+D management and hardware engineering at ScanView, Intel, ColorCrips, and Hasselblad sure seem rock solid. I look forward to meeting him and can't wait to see what Team Phase One will innovate with him at the helm of R+D.
    Last edited by dougpeterson; 13th August 2012 at 14:07.
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MFD R+D Changes: Former Hasselblad R+D Manager Joins Team Phase One

Apple?

Blimey.

Post Thanks / Like

Very unfortunate. This appears to be a HUGE loss for Phase One. You can almost tell from the defensive tone of the press release.

Post Thanks / Like

Timing of this is interesting on two fronts.

I reckon Apple were caught unawares with the Nokia 808, and realise they have some catching up to do. Particularly with the (alleged) impending release of PureView in a Windows 8 phone.

That these moves have been in the planning stage for some time (why would Apple wait so long to get their man?) might be because key R&D projects at both Phase One and Hasselblad have just wrapped up.

More fuel for the fire of Photokina rumours