The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Camera Calibration g

photo570

Does anybody know of any solutions for camera calibration that uses proper ICC profiles. Th Coloreyes solution is no longer for sale, and the products from X-rite produce DNG profiles that only work with Adobe products. I need./would like something that will produce ICC profiles I can use with Leaf Capture and Capture 1 Pro.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jason Berge.

yaya

Does anybody know of any solutions for camera calibration that uses proper ICC profiles. Th Coloreyes solution is no longer for sale, and the products from X-rite produce DNG profiles that only work with Adobe products. I need./would like something that will produce ICC profiles I can use with Leaf Capture and Capture 1 Pro.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jason Berge.
Jason are you looking for anything specific in terms of colour? Improving accuracy of certain tones? Getting nicer or smoother skin tones etc?

Have you tried using the Color Editor in C1 and saving new ICC profiles?

photo570

Just looking for some consistency. I have three different digital backs and a Canon as well. I suppose they all kind of suck at reds if I had to start listing things. Don't get me wrong the Leaf Backs are great, especially for skin tones, but I shoot a lot of product, and garments and am looking for ways to trim post time in front of the computer where ever possible.

Cheers,
Jason.

Jason are you looking for anything specific in terms of colour? Improving accuracy of certain tones? Getting nicer or smoother skin tones etc?

Have you tried using the Color Editor in C1 and saving new ICC profiles?

yaya

Just looking for some consistency. I have three different digital backs and a Canon as well. I suppose they all kind of suck at reds if I had to start listing things. Don't get me wrong the Leaf Backs are great, especially for skin tones, but I shoot a lot of product, and garments and am looking for ways to trim post time in front of the computer where ever possible.

Cheers,
Jason.
I think that for this the Color Editor might actually be the right tool as you shoot a target/ chart with both cameras and then adjust them to match eachother and save the outcome as an input profile, which you then, as Guy suggested, apply as you shoot

Otherwise you could still fine used or NOS copied of Gretag's ProfileMaker with a dongle and give that one a go. I'm just warning you that the user interface is not exactly what you would call intuitive....

Hope this helps

Yair

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
We use Profile Maker using Windows 7 under Parallels (we own a dongle) for the rare occasion an actual profile is warranted.

The vast majority of the time we simply make a few tweaks in Color Editor and save it as a preset or an ICC profile.

Stefan Steib

Agree with Doug !
Although X-Rite will hate to hear it - but sorry the new i1profiler sucks !
I have never managed to get better profiles with it than the old profilemaker. And - frankly - the excuse the profiles are sooo good you don´t need an editor anymore is shere arrogance. Didn´t they test it ?
(and this after- how long - 8 years or so of devellopment ?)

Use either a Colortarget DC or SD (under controlled lighting only) and be happy with a bit of editing. Outside of the studio - forget about it.

Bring a grey reference at most, but using a calibrated monitor and doing visual corrections for reaching what you need, is by far more successful than trying to profile a moving target of what you may have had at the time of the shooting. Using the C1 color editor is a conveniant choice of dropping the corrections on a whole series with the same lighting.

my 2 cents after 17 years of colormanagement.

Regards
Stefan