The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hartblei HCam, Canon 24 TS-E II, IQ180 - test shots

gerald.d

Hi all -

Did a few test shots this morning with this combo, and thought they would be worth sharing.

It was in the mid 40's (that's around 110F) in the shade, so I hope you appreciate the effort here :D It's also pretty hazy here today, so not ideal conditions.

Link below allows you to view each image at its full resolution. Thumbnail stack in the bottom left to jump between the 8 shots.

f/4.0 > f/11 at 0 shift and 5mm up. Naming should be obvious!

ISO 35. Default image is the f/4.0 with zero shift.

Processing:
Capture 1, individual LCC's for each image. All other settings untouched from default (140 sharpening, 1.3 radius, 1.0 threshold).

Presentation:
JPG (quality 10) image pyramid.

Canon 24mm TSE, Hartblei HCam, Phase One IQ180

Thoughts?

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Looks very good Gerald, especially once you're up to F11. I used an HCam with a P45+ for a while and found the edges of the 24 TS-EII not that great. With the bigger chip of the IQ180, it could be an even bigger problem but you look like you've got a good copy of the lens there as the edges look pretty good. Is there a bit of moire in some of the screens on the lower apartments?

gerald.d

Hi Richard -

Yup, it's not too bad really when you consider what that lens was built for.

f/11 is pretty good. Note the bottom left corner in the f/11 shifted shot though. I believe Stefan's lens mod would fix this.

Re the moire - quite possibly. I haven't had a chance to look at these properly myself yet!

Kind regards,

Gerald.