The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase one 645DF Jewelry Photography

FacetFlash

I used to use a tilt/shift but stopped because I didn't find it to be spectacular. I feel like I can pull the same image out of my 120mm as I can the tilt/shift and make it look identical most of the time. Although you can get some things using a tilt/shift more than you can a 120mm regular macro sometimes. Just the all around look will sometimes be a bit different.

PhaseOne Tilt Shift Lens: Review - YouTube

This video of Adrian talking about the Tilt shift lens is somewhat what I mean. Some things you just can't do in Photoshop to make it look the same. THAT BEING SAID, I personally don't shoot tilt/shift anymore as I feel it isn't that important for me to get the effect I want. Focus stacking in the programs nowadays has become a lot better and I can most of the time pull the same effect. If you have more questions I'm always on Skype, you can add me at calvins47 if you need to ask some questions.

Also, great watch photography Antonio. Hopefully we will start carrying more watches in our jewelry store so I can start shooting watches as well. Keep up the great work!

-Calvin

G

gerry morgan

hi im new here thanks for having me im a product photographer in dublin Ireland, using a Hasselblad H2D and phase one p25+ poor mans back lol.

A thread brought back to life! Just read through all this. We are creating our jewelry images completely in one shot without focus stacking or montage. Quite often without any photoshop whatsoever...

pyrojim

You have some nice images on your site. I have a watch file I shot last week and will post up it was shot with a 1Dx I cannot afford a MF back as of yet....
That 1Dx certainly costs more than a digital back if ya look hard enough....