Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question about Hasselblad HTS 1.5

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Question about Hasselblad HTS 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by dougpetersonci View Post
    Isn't it nice?

On a related note Capture Integration is becoming the US distributor for Silvestri which will only add to the already dizzying array of wide angle and tilt-shift options. Especially the FlexiCam will pique some interest. We'll be posting more info once we've complete our testing. I know we are also looking for an immediate home for some of the inventory required to become the distributor.

The great part is I think each of these tools has a set of users for which it is the best solution. Each has a different combination of flexibility, IQ, and price.

Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
    Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer | Personal Portfolio
    Good call on Silvestri Doug, I know they've been looking for someone in the US for some time.

Vincenzo and Silvia are very nice to deal with and very responsive. And don't forget that they now have an AFi adapter for the Bicam and soon for the Flexicam as well

cheers
    yair
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Love to try the Flexicam myself. Maybe at our winter workshop which we are announcing today would be a perfect application for it.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am sure we will be able to arrange to have the Silvestri there along with some other gear as well.

We already have a Flexicam in the field with one of our P45+ users and he has been using it along side is Sinar P3 and he is happy with the build and image quality. He is using the 45/45/65mm Rodenstock lenses and their sliding adapter as well.

If anyone has any questions on the Silvestri system please send them our way and we will get them answered for you ASAP.

Lance
    LANCE SCHAD - Digital Transitions - Phase One,Mamiya | Leaf,Arca-Swiss,Cambo, Profoto
    direct/cell:610-496-5586 office:877-367-8537x224
    http://www.digitaltransitions.com email:[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That would be great Lance . Also leaf maybe at the workshop also. Be nice for folks to try all this stuff out. I will most likely have access to leica gear or leica rep maybe there as well. One of the benefits of the workshops is a chance to see this stuff live and in person plus get a chance to demo it.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm posting tis for Fernando. He is having forum trouble posting but anyway appreciate if anyone can help him out some. Thanks Guy

Thanks Guy,

By the way i posted a couple of replies and a thread with out succes.
    Maybe you can help me out :

Dear Support:

I had been trying to make an interpolation from a file captured with an CWD system through Phocus 1.1 and a new MBP 2.4 Ghz Intel core @ duo with 4 Go RAM.

Unfortunely all my customizing options of sizes hadn't rewarded my efforts.

I'm currently in Mexico City and yesterday i meet Mic & Bruce from Hasselblad during a presentation of the new H3D II and Phocus software.

They couldn't mention to me from where this issue can be come and how to solve it and recommend me to get in contact with you.

I'm including hereby a few screenshoots showing all my sequence from the capture to the final exportation.

So far, what i've got is always the same TIFF 16 file at the native resolution from the digital back without any increase on size and weigth.

Thank you very much for your atention and help.

Looking forward to hear from you and whishig all best regards.

--
    FERNANDO ETULAIN
    web.mac.com/fernandoetulain
    fernandoetulain.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fernando look on bottom left for new replay hit that . Than write what you need and hit submit reply. Try that and it should work make sure you are logged in though

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have been very interested in the HTS 1.5 for use with my H2 and P45+ hopefully soon to be 65+ but haven't been able to get much practical information on the files shot with this new adaptor. As a former 4X5 film shooter and also Hasselblad V system with their flexbody, the idea that I can use my Hasselblad primes with tilts, etc is very seductive indeed. I am concerned about image degradation however because I did try the Hasselblad 1.7 converter with these same primes, did some (very) serious pixel peeping from my 45+ and found that the files did show compromises in resolution when compared to shots done without the 1.7 converter. I ended up sending the 1.7 back to B&H for return and purchasing another prime lens instead. anyone know where sample RAW files are available from the HTS 1.5 ? thanks, Eleanor

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-T View Post
    Nope it was a 1.1 chip (39)

Correct on -1.3 stops. And yes you would expect image degradation with 6 elements but I couldn't see it. This mirrors the experiences of people using the 1.7X converter (also 6 elements).

Nick-T

Amery

PDN posted a review a couple of days ago of the HTS here:

http://www.pdngearguide.com/gearguid...c156c72b916a74

they don't have any sample images, and all they say regarding sharpness is that the loss of light caused problems doing street shooting at sundown. I assume this is meant to be read as handheld shooting but they don't specifically say. Other than that and the crop factor they seemed to like it.

[edit] as a side note check out the arca-swiss M-Line Two Medium Format system. It might fit you better being a former 4x5 shooter.

http://www.pdngearguide.com/gearguid...5d8f04b071c0e7
    Last edited by Amery; 4th June 2009 at 15:05. Reason: added more info

Post Thanks / Like

one point is that there is some light loss through the viewfinder and in lower light it is sometimes hard to get exact focus. Otherwise.. it is a great tool