Site Sponsors

Thread: CameraMator

Post Thanks / Like

CameraMator

CameraMator: Wireless Tethered Photography by Usman Rashid — Kickstarter

I have backed this project on kickstarter and hope that someday MFD backs will be supported, considering MFD backs can be tethered this may be possible. This way we are not forced to lug along a laptop for outdoor shoots and can preview images on the ipad/iphone. If anyone lives around Orange county you can drop by with your MFD and test along with Usman as he has offered me this but i live on the other side of the planet!!

Harshan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CameraMator

I keep waiting for P1 to announce the firmware upgrade enabling the wifi in IQ backs to integrate wirelessly with their iPad capture product.

Post Thanks / Like

It appears that this wireless tethered option if it works for MFD does not appeal to most here, the reasons could be that most are satisfied with the preview that is seen on the small LCD's of MFD backs or most have resigned to the fact that carrying a laptop along with an MFD/tech camera is a given (i am only talking of outdoor shoots as in a studio it doesnt matter). Am i missing something? thanks, Harshan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harshdreams View Post
    It appears that this wireless tethered option if it works for MFD does not appeal to most here, the reasons could be that most are satisfied with the preview that is seen on the small LCD's of MFD backs or most have resigned to the fact that carrying a laptop along with an MFD/tech camera is a given (i am only talking of outdoor shoots as in a studio it doesnt matter). Am i missing something? thanks, Harshan
    Not sure how that appeared to you, but I for one would welcome wireless tethering, studio or not. I always worry about the cable being kicked or otherwise causing the camera to come crashing down. But clients (and me) love the Capture Pilot app on the iPad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think there would be more interest in this if/when PhaseOne releases a working USB interface for the IQ backs. Right now this new wireless interface is kind of cool, but wont work for PhaseOne users..... Maybe the reason for the lack of response.

Cheers, -Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
    I think there would be more interest in this if/when PhaseOne releases a working USB interface for the IQ backs. Right now this new wireless interface is kind of cool, but wont work for PhaseOne users..... Maybe the reason for the lack of response.

Cheers, -Peter
    Thanks Peter, Now i get it, didnt think of the firewire/USB interface issue, unless some sort of converter is available!! regards, Harshan