The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WA lenses for tech/view cameras / SK 35mm XL vs. SK 38mm XL vs. RS 35mm

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I assume he means focus shift a la "Changes focus when changing aperture".

Really only effects ground-glass shooters. Cambo, Arca, Alpa users calibrate their system (by screw, offset, or shim respectively) using their optimum aperture and only a very small number use ground glass for focusing.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thanks Doug

Sounds logical and could be an explanation .

I am still curious what "Archivue" has got to say .
I hope , he will read this update .

MaxKißler

Hi Jürgen,

maybe these links help to explain: Spherical aberration
What is Focus Shift?

I have experianced focus shift with a 40mm Summicron on an M8. I calibrated the rangefinder so that using f 2,8 was always dead on. But whenever I used f 2 focus would lie a bit up front and vice versa f 4 was too far behind. Increased depth of field compensated for the focus shift but it was annoying none the less.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thank you Max

I had a quick look , and now , that requires a lot of reading and understanding . Very interesting in deed .
I am sure , I will have to come up with some questions .