The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Viewing images on iPhone on location?

IsakBergwall

Hi.

I am getting an P25+ back and I have read that the display is crap more or less?

Therefore I would like to know if it is possible to use like capture one pilot or anything similiar in the field (landscape photographer so the field is somewhere in the middle of nowhere).

I've read about dslr shooters using eyefi SD cards in cf adapters and stuff, would that work on p25+?

What I need to do is check focus on the images.

Thank you for your help!

PeterL

You need to be tethered to a Mac/PC in order to use C1 Pilot. It creates a private network that the iPhone/iPad connects to. You can not run C1 Pilot without the computer interface, I wish you could, maybe in the future :).

I also think you'll be severely bandwidth limited with the eyefi SD card in a CF adapter, I have not tried it, but I believe if would be pretty slow.....

There was a recent post, regarding a USB based wireless device that would sort of allow what you want, but you would need a USB interface for your p25+ back, which will not happen - I'm afraid . Maybe with the IQ backs some day......

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/39977-cameramator.html

Cheers, -Peter

dick

You need to be tethered to a Mac/PC in order to use C1 Pilot. It creates a private network that the iPhone/iPad connects to. You can not run C1 Pilot without the computer interface, I wish you could, maybe in the future :).
Cheers, -Peter
Hasselblad Phocus is similar.

We have Mac book pros with SSDs... what we need is a Mac palm pro which replaces the laptop and communicated ¿WiFi? with an iPad or iPhone, with over/under exposure warning on the iPad, and full camera control from the iPad including zoom.

I think Hasselblad are decades from making power zoom lenses, but they might give us over/under exposure warnings on the Phocus iPad in my lifetime... and automated DoF stacking?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Isak,

Even with the IQ series determining absolute focus isn't guaranteed (at least compared to the significantly better image you see in C1) so I wouldn't be so concerned about the behaviour of the P25+, or any back prior to the IQ/Credo etc. I find that you quickly learn to recognize what looks like it will be sharp with the P+ displays even though ultimately you won't be able to see it absolutely clearly on the small display, even zoomed in to 100%. I use it primarily for checking composition and exposure with the histogram but you can with experience get a good gauge on what is or is not in focus.