Site Sponsors

Thread: New Rollei/DHW shutter module 1/1000sec

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

New Rollei/DHW shutter module 1/1000sec

DHW Electronic Shutter No. 0 HS1000

now this I call a real innovation:
    no more separate control module, instead direct USB to PC cable and software and control. Sorry the Table is in german (source Photoscala.de)
    http://www.photoscala.de/Artikel/pho...tronic-Shutter
    here is a fast Google translate:

Specifications Electronic Shutter No. 0 HS1000 type direct driven central locking; Drive with Feedback for sophisticated, precise and gentle driving screw front / rear camera lenses for Gr. 0 Shutter diameter max. 20 mm Shortest Shutter Speed ​​1/1000 sec at 20 mm diameter z even with small aperture iris control via stepper motor in 1/10 steps special versions option for smaller apertures (eg 6-13 mm) for even faster shutter speeds Interface Micro USB for control and power supply (not yet completed testing). example from the PC software supplied flash sync socket. To 1/1000 sec Dimensions Diameter 89 mm, depth 19.5 mm mounting on fixing ring, diameter of 34.6 mm (41.55 mm or size 1.)
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Rollei/DHW shutter module 1/1000sec

If you have to connect it to a PC, meh.

Isn't this exactly the same control paradigm as the existing Rodenstock eShutter (except I presume you can't control it from an iPhone or iPad)?

I'll wait for the new controller for the Rodenstock

I don't get why you would prefer to have to lug around a laptop to control one of these shutters, rather than a standalone handheld control?

Nice fast shutter speed though, I'll grant you that.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As you said- there is no reason not to run this from any Windows or iOS Mobile or tablet - so I think this makes MORE than reason. add Capture Pilot and life view....... Maybe even make this a plugin for Capture one

.........are you getting the point ?

Regards
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Steib View Post
    As you said- there is no reason not to run this from any Windows or iOS Mobile or tablet - so I think this makes MORE than reason. add Capture Pilot and life view....... are you getting the point ?

Regards
    Stefan
    Not really, but then I don't shoot tethered. I guess for people already shooting tethered, it makes sense. I'd far sooner have only a handheld unit to worry about.

BTW - apologies. I was wrong about the Rodenstock eShutter, it does indeed have an extra box between it and the PC.

I am reliably informed though that a solution similar to the Rollei Lens Control S is in the works. Maybe we'll get a sniff of it next week. I'm really looking forward to it because it will make shooting panos with the Alpa a lot simpler!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

An app on a windows8 or an iOS6 device that can also control the shot images plus trigger multishots + maybe able to handle a stitching software interface..... ?
    Come on , forget the Rodenstock/Sinar shutter at the Moment the shortest time they can do is 1/125 sec. Who is interested in this kind of performance ?

Regards
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

An iPhone as a glorified cable release sounds amazing but where does the shutter get power from, the phone?

Love to see it in action as it sounds like a great update!

Post Thanks / Like

ISO35, f/11. Bright sunshine. 1/60th is all you need (see my 4.2GP pano from last week!)

Bottom line - I don't want to have to carry around a laptop. The option to do so is fine, but if a company forces me to, i simply won't buy their shutter.

I appreciate of course that others will have different requirements and may love this option.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I misunderstood the the way it works. The iPhone would fire the shutter via the capture pilot type app that is talking to a notebook tethered to the camera.

I thought and was getting excited about an iPad or iPhone directly connected to the lens running the software to trigger the shutter....... no notebook in sight. Now that would be a dream come true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Gareth

no misunderstanding - it could be exactly like you described it in the first posting. The app on Phone/Tablet/Notebook/PC-Mac will directly trigger the shutter. I just supposed to make this even a plugin for Capture One or other Back software to trigger the shutter and the back in a way they now use a Canon/Nikon or similar DSLR. The interface could be something like EOS Utility providing the same level of comfort for ALL-EVEN OLD FULLY MECHANICAL CAMERAS which will be equipped with this shutter !
    Alpas already have the iPhone Holder. I always smiled about this , but now it will come to full life for all lenses compatible with shutter size zero.
    And this with 1/1000sec............... fuuuh

VERY COOOOOOL

I think this is the best news for Highend Pro Photography(With tech lenses) since a long time. If I were Rodenstock and Schneider I would open a real expensive Brut Reserve Taittinger and have a deep nap.

Regards
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds very cool!

Then imaging if they could power the shutter in some way and have it all fire from the iPad/iPhone over wifi or something.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes ! If power may be an issue I´m sure there could be little batterytype USB repeater/hub devices maybe just the size of some larger batteries ( as the Back types BP915,SBL160 or Sony NPF 550 ?)to plug in between.

e.g. like this one, has even a solar charger built in for 15,48€

Detech Solar Powered Battery + 4 Port USB Hub + Charger,Black | eBay

regards
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

This actually is really cool! For a long time I have wished for a miniature Lens Control module but this could in fact be even better. Now what is needed is an iphone app....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Today I have seen the working shutter- still a demo modell and at current running only at 1/500sec (the final version will have improved blades- right now it´s a handbuilt prototype). But there is a software module for Windows, a Mac version in devellopment and all as described. Well done DHW !

My opinion: one of the best of show items !