The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital backs for the RB 67??

Homey

Ben searching online for a while now. Trying to make heads or tails about which backs I can use on my RB67 Pro S.

I can not find any info that tells me which backs I can get adapters for..

Is the pool of compatibility slim for this camera? Or is it I simply am not finding the vast numbers of available adapters?

I wish could afford the newest, highest megapixel back but my wallet is telling me that I will be lucky to afford something old and in the 20 to 30 MP range.

Any tips or links would be great..

yaya

Any Aptus/ Aptus S/ Aptus-II in either V or AFD mounts can be used on an RB with an adapter. We make these two types of adapters and they come with a mask for the focusing screen and a sync cable

The attached PDF is taken from an old installation guide but it can give you an idea of what is involved

HTH

Yair

homeiss

The only rotating adapter for the RB67 that I am aware of is the HX702 which is only designed for the ZD back. I have this adapter and use it with my ZD and RB67 Pro S, it works fine.

I have been thinking about upgrading to a Leaf back and even though the HX702 was designed for the ZD back, it looks like it can easily be modified to accept a leaf back in AFD mount. I would just take out all the electronics and use it as a "dumb" plate... It sure would be inconvenient having to use two different adapters for each orientation.

Best of luck!

Cory