Site Sponsors

Thread: Digital backs for the RB 67??

Post Thanks / Like

Digital backs for the RB 67??

Ben searching online for a while now. Trying to make heads or tails about which backs I can use on my RB67 Pro S.

I can not find any info that tells me which backs I can get adapters for..

Is the pool of compatibility slim for this camera? Or is it I simply am not finding the vast numbers of available adapters?

I wish could afford the newest, highest megapixel back but my wallet is telling me that I will be lucky to afford something old and in the 20 to 30 MP range.

Any tips or links would be great..

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Digital backs for the RB 67??

Any Aptus/ Aptus S/ Aptus-II in either V or AFD mounts can be used on an RB with an adapter. We make these two types of adapters and they come with a mask for the focusing screen and a sync cable

The attached PDF is taken from an old installation guide but it can give you an idea of what is involved

HTH

Yair
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Yair for the quick response and answered everything I was wondering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The only rotating adapter for the RB67 that I am aware of is the HX702 which is only designed for the ZD back. I have this adapter and use it with my ZD and RB67 Pro S, it works fine.

I have been thinking about upgrading to a Leaf back and even though the HX702 was designed for the ZD back, it looks like it can easily be modified to accept a leaf back in AFD mount. I would just take out all the electronics and use it as a "dumb" plate... It sure would be inconvenient having to use two different adapters for each orientation.

Best of luck!

Cory