The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

tip about capture integration

P

Paul66

I am in the market to sell my like new DM28 kit with 80mm LS lens
Well since they gave me a quote since I was having trouble with the other place I ordered the camera from, they will not even talk to me about buying my gear since I didn't buy it from them. The original store gave me a couple hundred off for making me wait a long time.

I had explained that when I called about the quote in Nov but that made no difference
I had never heard of CI until I had already ordered and had problems getting my camera from the other place!!!

dizzyg44

Biting my tongue on this topic...

sadly you won't find much sympathy from some of the people here as quite a few of them are close friends with Dave/Steve/etc...

P

Paul66

They buy used but said they wouldn't buy mine because I didn't buy from them

EH21

Most likely you will do better to sell your kit here or over at Luminous-Landscape or ebay than you would selling to a dealer. I don't get why you'd be going to a dealer since fair price is established by the market which the dealer must sell into so if they buy then they have to buy lower than market in order to make it worthwhile. If you were a repeat customer they may do some favors that don't necessarily make financial sense but why should they?

Dealers work really great for trade ups though!

P

Paul66

Need money asap and everyone goes on and on about how great and polite they are, well that sure wasn't the case today

P

Paul66

Well today sure didn't give a warm fuzzy feeling about me ever becoming a customer or ever referring them again

stephengilbert

This is just ridiculous. Have you tried other dealers as well so you can trash them?

Unless I misunderstand your original post, you offered to sell your camera to CI and they said they weren't interested since you didn't buy it from them. Do you feel that this is unethical, or what? Why not sell it to the people you bought it from?

P

Paul66

I would have bought the camera from them if the original store had not come through with the one I originally ordered, I even explained that.

Stephen the point I'm making is that it was not a very good customer service move to get an attitude like that, I wanted to go through them first since everyone spoke so highly of them.
I can see I'm the bad guy on this forum but I'm just voicing my opinion, I figure this thread will be locked at any time.

It's not like I'm quitting my business and if they would have even offered me a so so deal instead of getting snappy I would have done business with them in the near future, but oh well like I said, I'm the bad guy!

stephengilbert

So this whole deal is based on someone at CI being "snappy?"

Okay, I guess that's something you could complain about. It just seems like this is a tempest in a teapot.

Pics2

Paul, you are not the bad guy. It's hard to sell DMF backs and people usually get frustrated. Especially the "cheap" ones (if 5,6 or 7 000 $ piece of equipment can be labeled as cheap) - Leaf Apus 6 and 7 precisely . I remember Shelby Lewis (member of this forum) having hard time selling his Leaf Aptus 6 even for 4000$. Maybe that's why Ci is not interested in your back. Why don't you offer it in Buy$Sell section?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Be it CI or any dealer for that matter. The decision for anyone of them to buy used gear is totally up to what there needs may or not be at the time. For instance if they have 4 IQ 160 on hand the chance of them buying another maybe slim to none. Most dealers first and foremost want to only buy from there existing customers to help them out and get them in a new purchase plus they know the warranty on them and they are clean from any financial obligation. Seriously they have the option to buy or not and that is business driven not any ethics involved. Myself as a extremely good friend of CI's and big *** customer for instance they could not buy a couple of my backs from me as he was already loaded down , which i totally understand and accept wholeheartedly. Dealers buying used gear is also somewhat rare for some of them , some do not buy at all used. I'm not sure the problem here a dealer at there discretion can buy just like any of us. If we dont like the price , product or whatever we are NOT obligated to purchase. They have those same rights. Heck i have lights for sale right now , no one is obligated to buy them although I wish someone would and i did buy them from a dealer. I'm not even bothering to ask. ROTFLMAO

BTW I got lost on the other guy and other guy thingy but no matter. Dealers can buy or not buy as they see fit.

kdphotography

Unless you're in the market to upgrade with a dealer, you will most likely get a better price on your used MFDB selling it yourself. It does take time and effort, and of course, the market dictates how much and how fast it will sell. If you really do need the money asap, then unfortunately that means lowering your price to the benefit of those in the market to attract a quick sale.

You're a "known" quantity (GetDPI family member) which I think goes a long way in selling higher priced items through the B&S forum. I'd try and list it here and over at LL.

Don't forget forum protocol requires you to offer it first to Guy... :ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Btw my post was not meant to be snippy if it reads that way. No one is obligated to buy was more my point but Ken is right you need cash fast the best way unfortunately is too lower the price. Believe me I know all about it. LOL

stephengilbert

"Ken is right you need cash fast the best way unfortunately is too lower the price. Believe me I know all about it."

Right; if Guy's price is too high, wait ten minutes.