The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad announces H4D tether plug-in solution for Adobe® Lightroom® 4

Press Release - September 14th 2012

Hasselblad has announced a new Adobe® Lightroom® 4 tethering solution for its H4D medium format camera system.

The plug-in, which is available from today, follows the company’s groundbreaking initiative with Adobe earlier this year, to bundle Lightroom software with all new Hasselblad cameras.

Peter Stig-Nielsen, Hasselblad’s Director of Professional Camera Products said: “This new plug-in for Lightroom 4 enables highly efficient tethered shooting capability and makes the Hasselblad and Lightroom combination the perfect choice for photographers adding a Hasselblad to their DSLR. Photographers will now have full camera control with capture options from both Lightroom 4 and their H4D, including full remote camera control and capture from Phocus Mobile 2.0 through iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.”

The plug-in is available for both Mac and PC at: VerifyEmailSoftwareDownload

More information at: Adobe Bundle Tethered

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Paul. Keep us posted on new announcements. I'm not getting press releases from Hassy so I can't update as needed.

gazwas

Looks like HB has upped its game with the great H5D and has listened to users requests buy giving these great software options.

Team Phase One on the other hand is being uncomfortably quiet and not a sniff of any solid rumors. I just hope they are building up to something big?

fotografz

Thank you Paul!

Loaded it up, connected the H4D/60, fired up the plug-in, and it worked like a charm. :thumbs:

As mentioned in the literature, LR Tethering isn't as fast as Phocus when shooting bursts ... however, not bad for 60 meg files.

The trade-off in speed over-all is that I'm already in LR with no need for transferring DNGs or Tiffs from Phocus ... or shooting RAW and loading to LR. So, it'll depend on the shooting situation, or if I'm also using a different camera and want all shots in the same library in sequence.

The other cool advantage is that I can apply different LR presets immediately to show clients the possibilities in a non-distructive manner. I'll still use Phocus for product work because I like the interface and some of the color controls like the selective color wheel, but this may become the choice for portrait work because of the Portrait plug-ins and user additions I already have in LR.

Here's a question for you Paul, if you have a moment ...

With the H5D we can compress the RAWs and/or shoot Jpg right? So will this make the LR tethered speed faster?

If we can shoot jpgs to LR that would be super-duper ... when doing a studio portrait session with strobes, I strive to get it right in camera, and it seems a tethered jpg option would really facilitate fast capture ... then save out the keepers as tiffs when done. (If it can't, I'd suggest offering that suggestion to the product folks in Sweden ... it may just be a software/firmware addition?).

Next thing is to commandeer my wife's iPad, and implement Phocus Mobile 2.0 :clap:

-Marc

Stefan Steib

Press Release - September 14th 2012

Hasselblad has announced a new Adobe® Lightroom® 4 tethering solution for its H4D medium format camera system.

The plug-in, which is available from today, follows the company’s groundbreaking initiative with Adobe earlier this year, to bundle Lightroom software with all new Hasselblad cameras.

Peter Stig-Nielsen, Hasselblad’s Director of Professional Camera Products said: “This new plug-in for Lightroom 4 enables highly efficient tethered shooting capability and makes the Hasselblad and Lightroom combination the perfect choice for photographers adding a Hasselblad to their DSLR. Photographers will now have full camera control with capture options from both Lightroom 4 and their H4D, including full remote camera control and capture from Phocus Mobile 2.0 through iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.”

The plug-in is available for both Mac and PC at: VerifyEmailSoftwareDownload

More information at: Adobe Bundle Tethered
Big question for me: does this Lightroom Plugin allow Multishot functionality of the 50MS or the 200MS WITHOUT a Hasselblad Body H4D or H5D attached ?

TIA
Stefan Steib

fotografz

Big question for me: does this Lightroom Plugin allow Multishot functionality of the 50MS or the 200MS WITHOUT a Hasselblad Body H4D or H5D attached ?

TIA
Stefan Steib
No Multi-Shot LR support at all. It says so right in the literature. That is some pretty complex software implementation for a program like LR.

IMO, even if it could, LR would be too slow anyway.

Since the H5D backs will have a dedicated battery holder per the announcement details, MS should be doable with the back on a tech/view cam with automated shutters while tethered to Phocus ... just like the Hasselblad CF Multi-Shots.

-Marc

Stefan Steib

Now this would be good news as this would mean it also works on the HCam again (and probably also on the FPS)

Thanks Marc !