The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Cambo Products

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
W-RC400 looks like a great addition. Forgo the handles and just put a tripod mount on both axis and you've got one heck of a compact technical camera system. :thumbs:
Exactly my thoughts and add the TS mounts and your good for almost anything . Obviously you lose rise and fall function when stitching but I could deal with that. I use rise and fall on almost everything and stitch very little. But you can say rise 5mm and do panos to get around that. Seriously this maybe the new cheap way in to buying a tech cam. Someone was thinking here.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Seriously this maybe the new cheap way in to buying a tech cam.
Sadly, the camera body is the least expensive component. Oh, I'm excited about the new bodies, but I'm still reeling from the DB price - and for such a small sensor! :LOL::cry:

--Matt

Steve Hendrix

Image of the Cambo WRS-5000, taken from our initial blog post from Cologne:

New Cambo Wide Announcements

If you click the blog link above, you'll see it has a larger, more detailed image for viewing, compared to what I have attached below.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

Anders_HK

Image of the Cambo WRS-5000, taken from our initial blog post from Cologne...
Photo seems to beg to me the question for panoramic stitching, why not also the WRS-400 offer +/-25mm shift... clear would set apart from rest... or even a +/-33mm version for a digital 3:1 (617) camera... :clap:

W-RC400 looks like a great addition. Forgo the handles and just put a tripod mount on both axis and you've got one heck of a compact technical camera system. :thumbs:
Handle so big gives no reason to use with that handle, or to simply replace by two compact home milled ones... :toocool: else really cool small and hopefully irrisistably good priced... :chug:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
The weight of the camera body is the perhaps the smallest part of the load.
-bob

dchew

Be nice to compare the new Arca in this mix. Most likely these three represent the smallest packages with some movements. We never had these kinds of smaller tech cam options in all three before. Great stuff
Yes, exactly! I am very excited in the direction technical cameras are going. I vote this to be the year of the tech camera! I am looking down at my Think Tank Glass Taxi, stashed with four lenses, the STC, a Phase back, one adapter, Disto and all the extra stuff.

It is a relatively small bag and I can walk for miles with it. Lots of people think MF is too big and heavy. BS!!

Now the same can be done with Arca and Cambo.
:)

Dave

Looks good. Shame the WRS 5000 (actually all of them) don't feature a rotating back - so the sensor can be rotated without having to remove the DB.
One of the things I like about the Wide DS is that I've put a quick release plate on the handle - which has a tripod mounting point - so I can turn the camera really quickly risk-free.
Lighter and smaller is definitely moving in the right direction though. And those wooden handles look pretty nice to me - compared with the plywood of the DS!

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Are these Cambos made in Netherlands or where?
Yes. Made at Cambo, by Cambo in the Netherlands.

Unlike other companies the milling/manufacturer is not outsourced to any other company but is done 100% in house. (naturally the lenses and sub-components like the shutter are sourced from their respective manufacturers)

Cambo's machining and manufacturer is really really good. The cost is kept low(er than the competition) as their manufacturing facilities are also used to produce their line of high-end video-dSLR accessories, camera stands, view cameras, etc.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
We have US list pricing from Cambo now. It's listed below as of September 27, 2012. Pricing is subject to change without notice, and frequently changes more than once per year to accommodate changes in exchange rate or cost of parts (e.g. last year Copal raised their price on their shutter).

Lenses for WRS, WRC, WDS:
- New Rodenstock 90mm HR-SW for Wide DS/RS [standard]: US$6799
- New Rodenstock 90mm HR-SW for Wide DS/RS [tilt-shift]: US$8148

WRS
- New WRS-1200 (Metal Grips): US$2895*
- New WRS-1250 (Wooden Grips): US$3795*
- New WRS-5000 (Palissander Wood Grips): US$4999*
- New WRS-5000 (Ebony Wood Grips): US$5099*

WRC
- New WRC-400: US$2289
---- Optional Wooden Hand Grip: US$366
---- Optional Compatible QR Tripod Mount plate: US$185

*Does not include required adapter plate (US$475-575) or optional viewfinder (US$929)

For a review of specs check out our Cambo RS and RC Photokina Blog.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
They have also indicated they will be creating at least one other hand grip option for the WRC in 2013. It would be interchangeable with the currently offered grip.

Anders_HK

- New WRC-400: US$2289
That do seem about half to Alpa STC :shocked:

But come on, the handles look yucky, and especially if in panoramic... they need some stylish mini handles with integrated Arca style QR plates. Good side per pictures... seems the mounting holes at any side of body should permit it to be simple to install ones very own custom machined handles... :D

Big question, is this as good and fine machine as an Alpa... :OT:

Money talks... :facesmack: ... and it is smaller than STC...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Big question, is this as good and fine machine as an Alpa... :OT:

Money talks... :facesmack: ... and it is smaller than STC...
Now you do realize that you'd only be able to prise a TC or STC from an Alpa user's cold dead fingers don't you? :ROTFL:

kdphotography

Now you do realize that you'd only be able to prise a TC or STC from an Alpa user's cold dead fingers don't you? :ROTFL:
...and for you, Graham, that also includes the Alpa FPS, which conveniently has a hand grip for your fingers....

;)

Soooooo, how big is that Pelican roller case of yours....? :LOL: