The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Breaking Hassleblad/Sony: "Lunar" mirrorless with sony E/A mount 5k EUR

Aaron

...snip....

Russian Oligarchs, Lotto winners from trailer parks, House Wives of New Jersey & Miami, Hip-Hoppers, Las Vegas posers, and some Kardashian tramps are the target audience.

:cry:

-Marc
Yes your list is no doubt their intended 'victims' but even these people have more class than to sink this low.

And I am not so sure that this audience will recognise the Hasselblad brand as readily as Hassy expect.

stephengilbert

Ya think Cameraleather will make alternative covers?

You know, in case Hassy misses a particular color that you need to match the shoes in a favorite outfit.

tsjanik

I don’t have a horse in this race, but clearly the participants of this forum are not the target audience for the Lunar. Maybe it will be a cash cow for Hasselblad (certainly the mark-up must be huge).

It makes the Pentax K-01 much less controversial.

Lars

On behalf of all Swedish photographers, please accept my apologies.

(It must be that Danish influence from Imacon.)

Shashin

Are you thinking that this is a plot by Sony to destroy one of their competitors--No, really it is cool, have some more sake.

Stefan Steib

After some thinking about it there is even more, I believe Hasselblad made a serious mistake on this business model. It´s about the lenses. As all the lenses are obviously also branded hasselblad , but are definitely Sony I think NOBODY will buy a HB branded lens (besides the brand freaks) but buy a whatever cheaper Sony lens. As I also think the HB managers are not stupid they calculated the achieved average selling price for a system to make enough profit and put this to the body now. By adding these luxury items they think they can verify the difference. But I believe (taste aside) even if somebody likes the cameras look he will not be willing to pay for the fear of Hasselblad to be left out in the cold by loosing the lens business.

So he will probably go to a shop and after taking a look at the lenses he will see that there is a feature identical Sony Nex7 and for the Surplus price of HB Body he will get the 3 most expensive lenses of the Lens line for free.

THAT Argument is hard to beat.........

Regards
Stefan

Stefan Steib

just to proof that here are the prices from B&H

Alpha NEX-7 Digital Camera (Black, Body Only) 1198,-$

SEL24F18Z 24mm f/1.8 E-Mount Carl Zeiss Sonnar Lens 1098,-$

18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS Lens for NEX Cameras 898,-$

10-18mm F/4.0mm Optical SteadyShot Lens 848,-$

ups - still only 4042,-$
so add

35mm F/1.8 Optical Steady Shot Lens 448,-$

A-Mount Lens to NEX Camera Mount Adapter 269,-$

SAL-1680Z 16-80mm f/3.5-4.5 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* DT Autofocus Lens 923,-$

And guess what, still less than 6000,-$

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Clearly it was Hassy's bad day. Phase was yesterday. I'm taking bets on tomorrow. LOL

I got it Sony for signing.

stngoldberg

Wow, what a tough group. Hasselblad is trying to survive-so you don't like this product-hope others will so there will be a Hassey in the future-we (the photographic community) need as many companies as possible attempting to innovate and take risk with new products-I have a Nikon D800E-its a wonderful camera-but when I put my H4D50 back on my Arca RM3DI, I have tools to accomplish so much more-I recently went to Boston and watched Doug Peterson demonstrate the Phase One IQ's on the Arca Swiss-WOW-that focus mask is incredible-we need these innovators-For me- I want more of a choice than a Nikon or Canon-even though they are great products

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have been a Pro for 36 years and been shooting since I was 14 that's 41 years of looking up to the Hassy name and history. I also shot it for years during my film day. I'm simply sad to see this turn into something away from its roots. I watched many photo companies fold, merge, get buried in quick sand. This one actually hurts me to see this change. I always had a lot of respect for them and there brand. I hope this does not take away from there history of being a premier MF system and change them into a milking cow. I'm walking over to the bar 5 ft away and toast a shot to the Hassy I once knew. I never seen a thread of such MF shooters from all brands this disappointed before. We poke fun at each other maybe even defend our preferred brand but I think we all feel like I do if you been around this business a long time be it you shot it or not you looked up to it and no one can deny that. It's not the lunar per say its the milking of investors without any regard to Victor Hassleblad and what he created. Shame on them. I said my peace and I'll go take that shot now.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
It's not the lunar per say its the milking of investors without any regard to Victor Hassleblad and what he created. Shame on them. I said my peace and I'll go take that shot now.
Hard to believe that anyone at Hasselblad who was involved in this decision had a long term relationship with a 500/200 camera. The platitude evoked in suggesting that this would bring back the (knowledgeable) amateur is so off base.

500CM 501 503 CW 903 SWC/M H1 H2D H3D II 39 Hasselblad XPAN II are my past but a Lunar does not even rate a second look.:poke:

It is a sad day in Mudville....

Bob

BANKER1

My question is, where were those young engineers at Hasselblad who summoned up the courage to ask; Do we really want to do this? Oh yes, I forgot, they fired them.

Greg