Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Hi there,

    I'm trying to "eat" up as many information as I can regarding the 645D in photokina but I don't see a new camera ( don't get me wrong, the actual is fine as it is ) and no new lenses ( that could be expanded ).

    Is the system in a stall or Pentax think its fine as it is ?

    I might get my feet wet with this into MFD but I'm worried I will buy into something that is about to die in a couple of years and discontinued. The number of 645D I see used is alarming - I see more people getting out of the system rather going in.

    If before in film days that wouldnt be a problem - obselecence - since it one way or another it would continue to work and could be repaird - not so nice in pure digital days.

  2. #2
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    141

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Well, Pentax Ricoh still state they are committed to the 645D line. They have issued that statement in a interview at Photokina.

    Can you be more specific:

    The number of 645D I see used is alarming - I see more people getting out of the system rather going in.
    How are you determining this? What is your data source? Do you know why they are selling? And why is that "alarming"? I still have my 645D. I know members have kept theirs. BTW, I believe the cameras are sold and not thrown away and so the buyers of used 645Ds are actually "getting in" and so there is no net loss.

    I don't understand your last comment. Parts do run out for old cameras and film cameras are not immune to that. Pentax can still repair the 645D and are required by law to have a 10-year supply of parts after the production of the product ceases. Are you planning on using your 645D as a soccer ball?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    They did introduce a 90 mm macro with image stabilization which is a first in the MF world.. that should count for something?

    PENTAX - PENTAX Announces New 90mm Macro Lens

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    GTA, Canada
    Posts
    587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    I know I had thought about selling mine, but I have decided to keep it for a while longer and I am happy with my decision.
    Cambo WRC-400 has peaked my interest in selling the 645D setup though, but that is about it.
    Scott

  5. #5
    Senior Member Ed Hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    The chatter one hears about all this is certainly confusing. First we hear that the current model's prices have been cut, then that it has been discontinued, then no new model announced, but a new lens for it is launched. Would be good to know what is going on. Perhaps the current model isn't discontinued after all?

    I am very happy with the results from my 645D and look forward to further improvements in the line.

  6. #6
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    141

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed HUrst View Post
    The chatter one hears about all this is certainly confusing. First we hear that the current model's prices have been cut, then that it has been discontinued, then no new model announced, but a new lens for it is launched. Would be good to know what is going on. Perhaps the current model isn't discontinued after all?

    I am very happy with the results from my 645D and look forward to further improvements in the line.
    But to be fair, that is internet gossip, not announcements from Pentax.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Ed Hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Yes indeed so - hence the word "chatter" ;-)

    However, given the uncertainty that there is out there, you'd think that Pentax would want to set the agenda in their communications.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    W. NY, close to Toronto, far from NYC
    Posts
    1,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    The 90mm appeared on the 645D lens road map almost two years ago and has now been announced, is that consistent with a discontinued system? The road map promises a wide angle zoom in 2013 and Ricoh has stated several times they will continue the 645D.
    There are rumors of a 645DII with a somewhat larger sensor, that would likely be annouced at CP+ in January*. I watch the 645D market (I'm looking for a 600mm) and have not noticed an unusal number of 645Ds for sale. When the D800 appeared there was a surge in all MFDBs on the market.

    *Perhaps Pentax waited to avoid competing with Lunar.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Ed Hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    I agree - I don't think it's discontinued either :-).

    I'm just impatient to know when we'll see the 645DII

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed HUrst View Post
    I agree - I don't think it's discontinued either :-).

    I'm just impatient to know when we'll see the 645DII
    I have lost my Patience waiting for some New Lenses for the 645D. Why are so many people upset there was no 645D11 at Photokina. We need Lenses. The 645D has been out almost 3 years and 1 Lens. In my opinion that is disgraceful. I used a Pentax 67, 6711 and 645 for 20 years shooting weddings. Excellent Cameras and Lenses for those days. When Digital came I have been using Canon 1Ds 11 and 1Ds 111. When the 645D was introduced I went to the #1 Professional Camera Store in Ontario, Canada and they were not going to carry it because there were no New Lenses and I was told Pentax would screw-Up and not release any. Lucky I listened. Still only 1 New Lens. Yes you can use the Old ones. They are not for Digital. They are 25 years old. I have talked to other Professional Stores and they have not sold a 645D in years instead all they got was complaints from the Photographers that bought them because of no Lenses. One Store sold 5 Pentax 645D in 1 week when they came out. The Store wished they did not carry the camera. Yes I know maybe they will release some Lenses next year. I will wait and see and if that happens I will get the 645D. I guess that is why Hasselblad is Hasselblad, Numerous Bodies and Numerous Lenses.

  11. #11
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    141

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by zentenam View Post
    The 645D has been out almost 3 years and 1 Lens.
    Err... Pentax has release two lenses for the 645D, the 55mm and 25mm. And a third is on the way. As far as the "old" lenses, if they perform really well, who cares when they were made? Just because a manufacturer adds the word "digital" to the name, does not mean it is better.

    Who are these retailers? You seem to know so little about the system and you certainly are not a user, I doubt your sources of information are correct.

    BTW, we are so grateful your joined GetDPI just to share this information. Will we see a second post? It is a great community and you can share some of your work as well.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    W. NY, close to Toronto, far from NYC
    Posts
    1,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by zentenam View Post
    I have lost my Patience waiting for some New Lenses for the 645D....................................... I guess that is why Hasselblad is Hasselblad, Numerous Bodies and Numerous Lenses.

    If a system with an existing supply of "digital" lenses is what you seek, you shouldn't have considered the 645D. The lens situation with the 645D is no secect and shouldn't be a surprise or disappointment. Aside from that, a number of new 645 FA lenses are available in Canada (hint: try the Camera Store, not the #1 Professional Store). As Shashin mentioned, many of the older lenses perform quite well. As for Hasselblad, I'm not sure I would cite their numerous bodies at this point.

  13. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    Err... Pentax has release two lenses for the 645D, the 55mm and 25mm. And a third is on the way. As far as the "old" lenses, if they perform really well, who cares when they were made? Just because a manufacturer adds the word "digital" to the name, does not mean it is better.

    Who are these retailers? You seem to know so little about the system and you certainly are not a user, I doubt your sources of information are correct.

    BTW, we are so grateful your joined GetDPI just to share this information. Will we see a second post? It is a great community and you can share some of your work as well.
    If you read my Post I have used Pentax 67, 67 11 & 645 for over 20 years doing weddings. We were a Small Breed of Wedding Photographers and I used Pentax from 1980 to 2002. I even had the Leaf Shutter Lenses for the 67, the 90mm and 165mm. The Numerous other Wedding Photographers were using Hasselblad, Mamiya & Bronica. No I do not know much about the 645D System and I never said I did. When it was introduced with no Lenses I was advised to stay away and I did and 3 years later there are 2 Lenses, my appologies for saying 1 Lens. I have been told the Camera Store carries the 645D, I do not know where in Canada this store is. I live in Toronto the Largest City in Canada by far. The 3 Largest Camera Dealers in Canada have their head Offices here. Vistek (they never carried the camera) Headshots and Henrys. I am not sure if they still stock the 645D. The Pentax 645D does not Sell in Ontario. Like I said in my Previous Post, if Pentax introduces New Lenses I will buy the 645D or 645D 11.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    GTA, Canada
    Posts
    587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    What lens exactly are you looking for? There are enough quality lenses to likely cover your full wedding needs.
    Scott

  15. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by SYGTAFOTO View Post
    What lens exactly are you looking for? There are enough quality lenses to likely cover your full wedding needs.
    When I was using the 67's and 645 and 645N I had a large selection of lenses for both Formats. Later I found that some of the Lenses never got used but at the Lower Prices I Paid compared to the other Brands and the Lenses were just as Sharp I did not care. I am not sure if there is a Crop Facture in the 645D, that would also affect my Lense Choices, but I would like to Purchase a 35mm, 75mm & 150mm Lenses and the 55-110 Zoom Lens. Those are the sizes I used the most in the Old Days.

  16. #16
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,676
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Hi Zentenam,

    If you do a search on Getdpi, you will find my posted comprehensive lens tests of virtually all single focal length Pentax FA (AF) 645 lenses as well some of their 645 zooms as tested on the 645D. In most cases I tested many samples of each lens in case their were any sub par samples and also posted these results. I haven't yet posted my observations and testing of the 600mm and new 25mm lenses yet but hope to get around to doing so and add to these published results. There is no shortage of exceptionally performing 645l lenses for the 645D and the quite a bit of info mentioned from others from some of the sources you mentioned, in my opinion is just plain wrong.

    I as well as others here speak from actually using the camera and many of the 645 lenses available as used ( and a few brand new)...not comments from hersey or behind a counter. I own lenses from 35mm up to 600mm and have used the new 25mm lens. To find out the equivalent 35mm focal length of a given 645 lens on a 645D, simply multiply by 0.8 . For example, the Pentax 55mm 645 lens has a field of view similar to a 44mm lens on a 35mm full frame camera. I"d post the link to my comprehensive tests but I"m on my cell phone and it's a bit too difficult to look it up at the moment. Advice given by 645D users on Getdpi members here is extremely valuable and accurate in my opinion. It's not that every legacy lens is perfect, but many are extremely fine performers and at their price point for a LN copy, they are truly bargains.

    I don"t think there have been any 645D users that have been anything but enthusiastic about the performance of the camera. Those that might have sold theirs, is usually due to desiring a different feature set in a camera or something more compact. I at times have contemplated selling the one I use simply because I need a high end fast shooting very low light camera like the Nikon D4, but it's hard to let the Pentax go due to a level of performance thas rarely has ever disappointed me and I am very critical of image quality and expectations of such.

    Dave (D&A)
    Last edited by D&A; 23rd September 2012 at 19:55.

  17. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    Hi Zentenam,

    If you do a search on Getdpi, you will find my posted comprehensive lens tests of virtually all single focal length Pentax FA (AF) 645 lenses as well some of their 645 zooms as tested on the 645D. In most cases I tested many samples of each lens in case their were any sub par samples and also posted these results. I haven't yet posted my observations and testing of the 600mm and new 25mm lenses yet but hope to get around to doing so and add to these published results. There is no shortage of exceptionally performing 645l lenses for the 645D and the quite a bit of info mentioned from others, in my opinion is just plain wrong.

    I as well as others here speak from actually using the camera and many of the 645 lenses available as used ( and a few brand new)...not comments from Hersey or behind a counter. I own lenses from 35mm up to 600mm and have used the new 25mm lens. To find out the equivalent 35mm focal length of a given 645 lens on a 645D, simply multiply by 0.8 . For example, the Pentax 55mm 645 lens has a field of view similar to a 44mm lens on a 35m full frame camera. I"d post the link to my comprehensive tests but I"m on my cell phone and it's a bit too difficult to look it up at the moment. Advice given by 645D users on Getdpi members here is extremely valuable and accurate in my opinion and quite valuable. It's not that every legacy lens is perfect, but many are extremely fine performers and at their price point for a LN copy, they are truly bargains.

    I don"t think there have been any 645D users that have been anything but enthusiastic about the performance of the camera. Those that might have sold theirs, is usually due to desiring a different feature set in a camera or something more compact. I at times have contemplated selling the one I use simply because I need a high end fast shooting very low light camera like the Nikon D4, but it's hard to let the Pentax go due to a level of performance at has rarely ever disappointed me and I am very critical of image quality and expectations of such.

    Dave (D&A)
    Thanks for the Advise Dave.

  18. #18
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,676
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by zentenam View Post
    Thanks for the Advise Dave.
    My pleasure! Talk to people who currently own or have own and used the 645D and you'll be surprised how enthusiastic most everyone is. Yes, some things can use imporvement, such as a faster processor that allows images to show up almost instantaniously on the rear LCD and improved write times and some other things...but what camera can't use some updating. What surprises most is how "right" Pentax got this one right off the bat.

    Dave (D&A)

  19. #19
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    141

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by zentenam View Post
    If you read my Post I have used Pentax 67, 67 11 & 645 for over 20 years doing weddings. We were a Small Breed of Wedding Photographers and I used Pentax from 1980 to 2002. I even had the Leaf Shutter Lenses for the 67, the 90mm and 165mm. The Numerous other Wedding Photographers were using Hasselblad, Mamiya & Bronica. No I do not know much about the 645D System and I never said I did. When it was introduced with no Lenses I was advised to stay away and I did and 3 years later there are 2 Lenses, my appologies for saying 1 Lens. I have been told the Camera Store carries the 645D, I do not know where in Canada this store is. I live in Toronto the Largest City in Canada by far. The 3 Largest Camera Dealers in Canada have their head Offices here. Vistek (they never carried the camera) Headshots and Henrys. I am not sure if they still stock the 645D. The Pentax 645D does not Sell in Ontario. Like I said in my Previous Post, if Pentax introduces New Lenses I will buy the 645D or 645D 11.
    You seem very angry about a camera you do not own. You also decided to take someone else's advice and not purchase one--was this a 645D owner? You also have not used Pentax products for ten years. I really don't get the beef nor how that relates to the OP's question. I am just taken back by the tone of your first post.

    There are a number of 645D owners here that are always happy to share their experience, including myself--we all know the warts.

  20. #20
    newmoon
    Guest

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Hello. This is my first post here.
    I've seem posts of an updated lens roadmap for the 645D showing planned wide, normal and tele zooms. Not sure if I'm supposed to link to other forums, but a Google search finds the roadmap easily enough.
    With rumours of a larger sensor on a 645D II, if this were the case would Pentax have altered the hood on the 25mm lens to make it compatible only with the current 645D sensor size (I think this is what has happened between the DFA and DA models)? I don't know but seems a little inconsistent.

  21. #21
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,676
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
    Hello. This is my first post here.
    I've seem posts of an updated lens roadmap for the 645D showing planned wide, normal and tele zooms. Not sure if I'm supposed to link to other forums, but a Google search finds the roadmap easily enough.
    With rumours of a larger sensor on a 645D II, if this were the case would Pentax have altered the hood on the 25mm lens to make it compatible only with the current 645D sensor size (I think this is what has happened between the DFA and DA models)? I don't know but seems a little inconsistent.
    Regarding your question and observations pertaining to the Pentax 25mm 645 lens, that is what has everyone a bit confused. If Pentax is planning for an eventual 465D with full frame sensor, why then is the newer version fo the 25mm for cropped sensors only.

    The only reason I can come up with, is the newer version of the lens due to a deeper hood (and possibly some other changes like additional lens coatings), is somewhat superior than the full frame version of the lens on the 645D. If and when Pentax does use a full frame chip in the 645D, they still have the full frame version of the 25mm. They mentioned that the full fame version will still be sold in Japan.

    Dave (D&A)

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    New 645D owner. Took it for a test spin this weekend with the subject matter I bought it for and the camera impressed the heck out of me.

    I plan to get to know it. My question is, in addition to this forum are there other forums for the 645D or medium format digital in general? As I have questions I want to search for answer first before asking what's already been asked. Thanks!

  23. #23
    Senior Member Antonio Chagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Miami-Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewteee View Post
    New 645D owner. Took it for a test spin this weekend with the subject matter I bought it for and the camera impressed the heck out of me.

    I plan to get to know it. My question is, in addition to this forum are there other forums for the 645D or medium format digital in general? As I have questions I want to search for answer first before asking what's already been asked. Thanks!
    Pentax Medium Format: 645, 6x7, 645D - PentaxForums.com

  24. #24
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,676
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewteee View Post
    New 645D owner. Took it for a test spin this weekend with the subject matter I bought it for and the camera impressed the heck out of me.

    I plan to get to know it. My question is, in addition to this forum are there other forums for the 645D or medium format digital in general? As I have questions I want to search for answer first before asking what's already been asked. Thanks!
    Hi,

    If you haven't seen it already, I have posted a comprehensive lens test of most of the Pentax 465 single focal length (and a few zoom) lenses when used on the 645D. The link to the test results is:

    http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/medium...used-645d.html

    Eventually I'll be adding one or two additional lens tests to that list (article).

    Dave (D&A)

  25. #25
    David A
    Guest

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Hi all
    Anyone in the UK looking at the Pentax should take a look at AP's web site Pentax 645D camera kit in 3,000 price crash | Photography news - Camera news, photo news and photography events | Amateur Photographer
    Pentax has knocked 3,000 off the kit price of its 645D medium-format DSLR, this makes it very tempting for anyone considering it.

    David

  26. #26
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,676
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by David A View Post
    Hi all
    Anyone in the UK looking at the Pentax should take a look at AP's web site Pentax 645D camera kit in 3,000 price crash | Photography news - Camera news, photo news and photography events | Amateur Photographer
    Pentax has knocked 3,000 off the kit price of its 645D medium-format DSLR, this makes it very tempting for anyone considering it.

    David
    If I am reading the AP article correctly, they are stating the new price of the body is now 6299 (UK British Poud Sterling). Please correct me if I am wrong and if I am not, that puts the new lower price in the UK as $10,166 (US dollars). That would make this price higher than the original selling price of the 645D in the US when it was 1st introduced at $10,000 . Assuming I am right with my facts and money conversion rates, its no wonder pentax UK had to lower the price as the original published price of the 645D in the UK appeared to be $14,524 (US dollars). Of course this may all be manufacturer suggested list prices, not actual "street" prices.

    Dave (D&A)

  27. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    If I am reading the AP article correctly, they are stating the new price of the body is now 6299 (UK British Poud Sterling). Please correct me if I am wrong and if I am not, that puts the new lower price in the UK as $10,166 (US dollars). That would make this price higher than the original selling price of the 645D in the US when it was 1st introduced at $10,000 . Assuming I am right with my facts and money conversion rates, its no wonder pentax UK had to lower the price as the original published price of the 645D in the UK appeared to be $14,524 (US dollars). Of course this may all be manufacturer suggested list prices, not actual "street" prices.

    Dave (D&A)
    Yes you are reading it correctly, and the street prices no less than the manufacturers rrp.

    And they wonder why they're still on the shelves...

  28. #28
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    B&H has it for $8,799 new... Amazing deal for this price IMO.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

  29. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    Quote Originally Posted by zentenam View Post
    If you read my Post I have used Pentax 67, 67 11 & 645 for over 20 years doing weddings. We were a Small Breed of Wedding Photographers and I used Pentax from 1980 to 2002. I even had the Leaf Shutter Lenses for the 67, the 90mm and 165mm. The Numerous other Wedding Photographers were using Hasselblad, Mamiya & Bronica. No I do not know much about the 645D System and I never said I did. When it was introduced with no Lenses I was advised to stay away and I did and 3 years later there are 2 Lenses, my appologies for saying 1 Lens. I have been told the Camera Store carries the 645D, I do not know where in Canada this store is. I live in Toronto the Largest City in Canada by far. The 3 Largest Camera Dealers in Canada have their head Offices here. Vistek (they never carried the camera) Headshots and Henrys. I am not sure if they still stock the 645D. The Pentax 645D does not Sell in Ontario. Like I said in my Previous Post, if Pentax introduces New Lenses I will buy the 645D or 645D 11.
    The Camerastore is in Calgary. Better stocked and better service then the Calgary Vistek store.

  30. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Arlington VA
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11

    Re: Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

    The lack of 645 lenses designed specifically for the D is indeed frustrating, but the old lenses, like the 120 and the 35 are stellar performers. I still use some legacy lenses with my Nikon D600, the 105 2.8 micro and the 200 F4 AIS and they work well with the new sensor with no issues. Old does not mean obsolete! The 645D is still a fine camera at a great price point. You can put together a three lens kit with the two newest lenses and a few old ones for under $20K. Less than the price of a Leica S2 body only.
    On-line portfolio
    www.abouddweck.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •