The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Zeiss 35mm Lenses 55+135mm work on HCam !

Stefan Steib

Yesterday I had gotten the chance before the official opening of the last day of Photokina to speak to Dr. Nasse of Zeiss and put the new 1,4/55 on my HCam. It renders an Aptus 8 with 40Mpix (44x33mm) with very slight vignette in the corners.
The new 2.0/135 is completely free of vignette and will probably render a full 80 Mpix Leaf or Phase.
I will still need to get a 15mm Distagon Sample with removed sunshade from Zeiss to try with HCam (hopefully this will happen after Photokina).

These new lenses do a have a large potential and are definitely worth any cent they will cost (a lot...).

Regards
Stefan

Paul Spinnler

Hi Stefan,

cool!

How's the resolution of the 55 if you took a 35 full-frame slice in the middle? Did you shoot it wide open? Are these just repurposed medium format designs or completely new lenses with higher-than-before performance?

Can you see a notable difference compared to a Zeiss 50 1.4?

Regards

Paul

Stefan Steib

I only did an image circle test out of hand to a white wall. There was only 20 minutes to go to the opening of the Photokina and we were talking about a list of image circle data for the new lenses. Dr. Nasse promised to supply this to me. as for a real resolution test I will try to do this after the Photokina and will probably drive to Oberkochen for this. I also want to see the 15mm with the lensshade removed plus some of the Cine lenses.

I´ll keep you guys posted !

regards
Stefan