Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Photographs with a story

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Photographs with a story

Here's one with a moral at the end. It was a very overcast day and my daughter and I were in the pool, we also went off to the beach together. Stupidly we didn't put sun-block on (it was actually raining at one point) but you can see here that we had both gotten quite badly sunburned. At the time I couldn't see it, nor feel it, I guess during the day the sun broke through for a period and that was that. We could only go swimming in the evening after the sun had dropped for the remainder of the vacation. When I look at this image, I think how damned stupid I was.

RZ PRO IID, IQ160

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dchew View Post
    First my disclaimer: This is not a MF image. It's 35mm Velvia. But I feel like this is my community, so please don't make me post this in the Canon thread.

In 2004 I went skiing to Jackson Hole with friends. One day grabbed x-country skis and took off by myself from Moose Junction with grand vistas on my mind. It snowed two feet that day. Couldn't see 50 feet let alone any of the peaks. But as Galen used to say, you can fight it and try to take the photo you had in your minds eye, or you can make adjustments and go with the flow. So here is what I got by going with the flow...

Dave

A poignant image (painfully sharp to the emotions or senses).
    Thanks for sharing here.

Mal

Post Thanks / Like

I am interested in psychology and in exploring my psychological experience of reality. I use image making and writing as tools in this journey.

This image explores the contrast between the quiet mind that can camly reflect on life against the turmoil that occurs in my perceptions when emotion sweeps away any measured considerations.

The image is obviously a composite in photoshop. four images were used. Two of the still water focus stacked to get clean focus from foreground to background and two images of the swirling water that occurs below a small weir on which I was standing to take the still water. In the second image of the swirling water I used deliberate camera movement to accentuate the effect.

Phase One 645Df 55mm SK LS.

Thank you for taking the time to read about this image.

Mal
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post