The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

p20 tethered to PC

jlm

Workshop Member
i cant seem to get Capture one to see my P20 back when hooked up to my pc laptop via a four wire firewire connection. windows sees the back, but not C1

when i use a macbook pro, it sees the back right away via a six wire (i think) firewire.

tired botjh 3.76 and 4.0

is it possible to use a USB connection for the PC, although the back ahs a firewire port?

Digitalcameraman

i cant seem to get Capture one to see my P20 back when hooked up to my pc laptop via a four wire firewire connection. windows sees the back, but not C1

when i use a macbook pro, it sees the back right away via a six wire (i think) firewire.

tired botjh 3.76 and 4.0

is it possible to use a USB connection for the PC, although the back ahs a firewire port?

Try This:

When you see the device manager and you see that P1 camera is connected, right click and yoou should be able to direct it to load the driver again. Many people never see the machine reboot and say that Windows has found new hardware. After you get to the screen to reload the driver just tell the screen to go find it. If Capture One 3.7 or 4.5 is loaded the camera back can get the driver from the software. If that does not work then insert the cd and direct it towards the CD where the driver is also.

This happens quite often during demos and installations both XP Service 2 and Vista.

I think you did everything right except let windows find the new hardware and it will load the driver for you. You could also uninstall or remove the device from the device manager and then reconnect the camera back and it should also determine it needs to load the driver again.

Chris Snipes
Phase One Resller
www.imageproduction.com
[email protected]

Phase One Test Studio