Site Sponsors

Thread: p20 tethered to PC

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

p20 tethered to PC

i cant seem to get Capture one to see my P20 back when hooked up to my pc laptop via a four wire firewire connection. windows sees the back, but not C1

when i use a macbook pro, it sees the back right away via a six wire (i think) firewire.

tired botjh 3.76 and 4.0

is it possible to use a USB connection for the PC, although the back ahs a firewire port?

apneaimages

Re: p20 tethered to PC

check this

http://www.phaseone.com:80/HOME/Cont...ite%20-%20Main

Then what i have hear maybe is the problem the firmware of the P20

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

thanks for that. my pc laptop is running the dreaded Vista however

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    i cant seem to get Capture one to see my P20 back when hooked up to my pc laptop via a four wire firewire connection. windows sees the back, but not C1

when i use a macbook pro, it sees the back right away via a six wire (i think) firewire.

tired botjh 3.76 and 4.0

is it possible to use a USB connection for the PC, although the back ahs a firewire port?

Try This:

When you see the device manager and you see that P1 camera is connected, right click and yoou should be able to direct it to load the driver again. Many people never see the machine reboot and say that Windows has found new hardware. After you get to the screen to reload the driver just tell the screen to go find it. If Capture One 3.7 or 4.5 is loaded the camera back can get the driver from the software. If that does not work then insert the cd and direct it towards the CD where the driver is also.

This happens quite often during demos and installations both XP Service 2 and Vista.

I think you did everything right except let windows find the new hardware and it will load the driver for you. You could also uninstall or remove the device from the device manager and then reconnect the camera back and it should also determine it needs to load the driver again.

Chris Snipes
    Phase One Resller
    www.imageproduction.com
    [email protected]

Phase One Test Studio