Site Sponsors

Thread: Phase One 645 Camera Rechargeable battery system

Post Thanks / Like

Phase One 645 Camera Rechargeable battery system

Can anyone direct me to US stores that might astock this item? Shopping around for the best price. So far it is 475 ($AUD752) from Teamwork Digital in the UK.

I seem to be forever changing the AA batteries in my Mamiya 645DF, and I have yet to find rechargeable AAs that really keep their charge well. Any recommended brands there would be appreciated too.
    Odille

H2 | P20 | HC 50-110 | HC 150 f3.2 | HC 210 f4 ~ My Website

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Phase One 645 Camera Rechargeable battery system

I can't speak for the original branded Phase One battery system but if you look at the advertisers above and click on Capture Integration you'll find that they have the original EJJI battery system in stock. (eStore -> AF/DF Accessories)

Is it any good? Well, my camera has been faultless in operation and not locked up once since I've been using it. That's good enough for me.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Graham, I have them bookmarked and didn't think of looking there.

EDITED TO ADD: Oh no! They have one and it's the old 'We don't ship internationally' story. WHY do so many US stores refuse! It's so parochial. Off to canvas my US friends for on-postage. I thiought it might be because it is a battery but they ship whole backs internationally and they have a battery in them.
    Odille

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know whether they ship internationally or not, but I've seen them on DT's site as well...

Post Thanks / Like

Odille

Richard down at L and P in Sydney sells the new EJJI rechargables.
    L & P Digital Photographic - Buy Online
    $528 australian dollars for two batteries and charger.

As far as double A's go we use Powermax which we ordered online out of USA. They work fairly well but lately I have been using Energizer Ultimate Lithium - non rechargable - very good but expensive.

Now the 645+ has been released, which I do not plan to upgrade to, I think I will buy the EJJI battery system for the 645DF. On the assumption that we won't see a really new camera system for the Phase backs for at least another two years (my guess).

Mal
    Toowoomba

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    Thanks Graham, I have them bookmarked and didn't think of looking there.

EDITED TO ADD: Oh no! They have one and it's the old 'We don't ship internationally' story. WHY do so many US stores refuse! It's so parochial. Off to canvas my US friends for on-postage. I thiought it might be because it is a battery but they ship whole backs internationally and they have a battery in them.

Hi A6 -

Sorry, but our eStore does not - yet - have automatic international checkout. However, we do ship internationally, you'll simply need to contact our Atlanta office either by phone or email.

Steve Hendrix
    Capture Integration
    Steve Hendrix, Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
    Digital Cam: Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Sinar Authorized Reseller
    TechCam: Alpa | Cambo | Arca Swiss | Sinar Authorized Reseller

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malmac View Post
    Odille

Richard down at L and P in Sydney sells the new EJJI rechargables.
    L & P Digital Photographic - Buy Online
    $528 australian dollars for two batteries and charger.

As far as double A's go we use Powermax which we ordered online out of USA. They work fairly well but lately I have been using Energizer Ultimate Lithium - non rechargable - very good but expensive.

Now the 645+ has been released, which I do not plan to upgrade to, I think I will buy the EJJI battery system for the 645DF. On the assumption that we won't see a really new camera system for the Phase backs for at least another two years (my guess).

Mal
    Toowoomba
    Thanks Mal, for one battery and charger L & P are cheaper than Capture Integration and it's local postage. I'll probably go for the 2 battery kit though.
    Odille

Post Thanks / Like

The two battery rechargeable EJJI kit is nice---I have one, but honestly I could have easily just got the one battery and charger. A single battery just keeps going and going and going...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

You won't find me disagreeing much with Ken. However. I bought 2 batteries and haven't regretted it. It's nice to shoot hundreds of images without any thought of the battery. I've had to switch over just once in the middle of the day; charging the other battery at the end of the day after I got back. Kind of like wearing both a belt and suspenders. Just wish the back batteries would last as long....

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    I can't speak for the original branded Phase One battery system but if you look at the advertisers above and click on Capture Integration you'll find that they have the original EJJI battery system in stock. (eStore -> AF/DF Accessories)

Is it any good? Well, my camera has been faultless in operation and not locked up once since I've been using it. That's good enough for me.
    Turns out, the EJJI battery doesn't fit in the Phase One charger, and the Phase One battery doesn't fit in the EJJI charger. Phase One has made the "U" shape in the battery pack a little wider, and the corresponding notch in the charger a little wider to match. The cutout in the EJJI battery is too narrow to fit over the center notch. Going the other way doesn't work either. Phase One has made the outer edge on the bottom right a larger curve on the outside. When lowering the battery into the charging base, the Phase One battery is too big to fit into the EJJI charger.

These little changes only affect the charging base. You can fit either battery into your camera body with no problem.

So, if you think you can add an EJJI battery for your Phase One charger to save a little money, better think again.

--Steve.

Post Thanks / Like

If you ask me, its better to buy the PhaseOne because at least they can offer support on it more readily. I am thinking about picking one up for mine too

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good to know about the slight differences. Thanks.

I got the dual EJII pack like ken and don. I've never had to use the 2nd battery yet but I agree with don that having a backup / spare definitely gives you peace of mind.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,

Thanks for the update on charger differences between the EJII and the Phase version. That minor difference could be upsetting to find out otherwise---and should be publicized.

Battery life is really incredible with this Li ion camera battery pack---and I'm glad that it is standard issue on the new DF+ body.

ken