Site Sponsors

Thread: Phase P45+ Wake on sync port not working

carbonmetrictree

Phase P45+ Wake on sync port not working

In the middle of shooting a few buildings tonight, my P45+ stopped waking up. I used a friend's back to confirm that it wasn't the wake on cable that was the issue. I don't know if this was a faulty back, but I am just worried if Phase One will repair it under my VA warranty that was purchased with it. I'm not sure if the warranty is conditional, though, I have never dropped it or mishandled it in anyway. I'm not sure what to do besides contacting Phase through their support email system on their site. Unfortunately, I did not know that I was not going to receive any of the VA warranty items at the time of the purchase, so I do not even have a manual or users guide for a solution.

Any help would be much appreciated. This entire digital back purchase with the equipment has been a bit of a nightmare so far. At least the images I'm getting out of this system look great!

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Phase P45+ Wake on sync port not working

It should be under warranty no question. Call your dealer first and work through them Andrew. You should get a loaner with a VA warranty. First I heard of this problem.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I agree with Guy. No reason to worry or assume it won't get fixed.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

carbonmetrictree

Thanks guys. Yeah, I was really shocked to see that the port started malfunctioning, who knows what happened.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Andrew,

Your loaner back will be at your place tomorrow. Details have been forwarded to you by Doug in an email.

Have not seen the MF port spinning before, but you will be up and running again tomorrow.

Phase One dealers run the first line of support for the products here in the US. Glad you were able to get a hold of one of us over the weekend.

Lance
    LANCE SCHAD - Digital Transitions - Phase One,Mamiya | Leaf,Arca-Swiss,Cambo, Profoto
    direct/cell:610-496-5586 office:877-367-8537x224
    http://www.digitaltransitions.com email:[email protected]

carbonmetrictree

Thanks Lance! You guys got on this issue real quick, CI's got some top notch people over there. Sorry about the phone call, for some reason, it couldn't go through.