The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tipps for Tokyo

Christopher

I'm currently Planing to extend my work from my exhibition to Tokyo.

I will be in Tokyo from the 6th of November till the 22nd. It looks like a good time to visit Tokyo.

Do any of you guys have some tips on locations ? I'm mainly looking for skyline / cityscape images. However, I'm interested in all places I should have a look at. I like both low and high vantage points, preferable without any glass windows.

If anybody is from Tokyo or around, let me know I would love to meet up.

Thanks a lot
Christopher

cjlacz

You are having an exhibition in Tokyo, or just visiting? The shoreline of Odaiba, Harumi and Kachidoki give a pretty view of Tokyo. Getting up high might be a bigger issue. You can get up a lot of buildings, but glass windows will be problems. Some older buildings with external stairwells etc can be accessible, but you have to search and I'm not sure about the views. Cityscapes aren't my thing, so I don't have any immediate thoughts on locations. I'll ask some photographer friends and see if they have some ideas.

-Charles

rmueller

Hi Christopher,

might want to check
Tokyo Observation Deck Guide
for a list of observation decks in Tokyo.

The one in the World Trade Center has the most spectacular view IMO.

Then there is a "Sky Deck" in the Mori Tower in Roppongi Hills that is open
with no windows.

A good view to the Rainbow Bridge and cityscape is from Odaiba as Charles
mentioned.

Enjoy your trip to Tokyo, its a wonderful city with lovely people.

Regards,
Ralf

Christopher

Thanks so far, I will have a look at some of the tips.

I had an exhibition in London about skylines and cities, which was focused on some of the bigger cities around the world, but I got the chance to shoot 2 weeks in tokyo for additional work.