The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 67 45mm lens +zoerk PSA on mamiya DF MFDB ?

archivue

Is anybody tried this combo with a MFDB ?

i'm dreaming of a really good 45mm Shift lens for my DF... i wasn't impress by the discontinued Phase one super rotator... i have a good sample of the vintage 50 mamiya PC... but i'd like a 45 or 40...

Zörk Pro Shift adapter

rummenigge2

The 45 has some really "bad" (some) distortion going on. Not so easily fixed in post. But I'm speaking of full frame (6x7) use.

Last edited:

rummenigge2

I used the 45 for a lot of my documentary projects. shooting landscape I would say you hardly will see the distortion if you don't know where to look. But with straight lines in the picture, like poles or columns, you will see it.
In comparison the Mamiya7 43 mm and 50mm are free of any distortion.

I'm talking about full frame use on a 6x7. I guess shifted the distortion looks even more weird than centered in the frame.

rummenigge2

found this on the internet: "the 45 does have a tad of distortion, but not noticeable in people photos. If you have a lot of straight lines you might want the 55"

kipling

i'm dreaming of a really good 45mm Shift lens for my DF... i wasn't impress by the discontinued Phase one super rotator... i have a good sample of the vintage 50 mamiya PC... but i'd like a 45 or 40...

Zörk Pro Shift adapter
I'm fairly sure the adapter will not work on the DF, as it only works with the schneider lenses. It will work on a Mamiya/Phaseone AF though. You should check with Phaseone/Mamiya to be sure.

Anders_HK

I'm fairly sure the adapter will not work on the DF, as it only works with the schneider lenses. It will work on a Mamiya/Phaseone AF though. You should check with Phaseone/Mamiya to be sure.
The DF does not only work with Schneider lenses.

There is discontinued old Mamiya 50mm shift lens, which some have found sharp. Suggest you do a search here on getdpi. It is also your cheapest option. Stopped down metering of course, but so are the other options.

Best regards,
Anders

tsjanik

Zörk Pro Shift adapter
I used the 45mm on a 67 film camera with success and then tried it on the 645D. Very sharp, with CA in the corners. The CA should be correctable. You should be able to find one for $400 USD, worth a try. If I had a Zoerk for the 645D, it would certainly be a lens I would try for stitching; as it is, I use the 645 45-85mm zoom.

Last edited: