The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Out of interest...

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Oh, I'm not complaining, Bryan. The trick, as you know well, is to use a tech camera as flexibly as you would an SLR. It's not the chip. It's not even primarily the lens. It's the vision and imagination of the photographer.

And there WAS a big smiley emoticon at the end there. :D

Best,

Matt

(and it's a good thing that the workshop instructors had some damned amazing shots, right?)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
For inspirationly needs of course. LOL

As I said on the workshop the vision takes a little while to come back when working with a tech cam. It is not something we shot for many years. It's simply a change of shooting style and after the process gets under your belt your vision comes back. This really is a normal progression. You guys got some great images. It certainly took me some time to get my creative juices going again. I chalked that up to a being familiar with it.

With a tech cam and super sharp, perfect lenses, the sensor size may not matter so much, especially if you're a stitcher; however for lenses with more character, it becomes more visible with a larger sensor. The best example I can think of is a 50 summilux on a FF M9 looks totally different to the same lens mounted on a Nex 5 or Fuji XPro1. If I could get my hands on a smaller sensor it would be nice to test this with a the Mamiya RZ 110/2.8 to see what a difference it makes there.