The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax 645 Repair? (Pref. Europe)

A

andershald

Hello all.

My beloved and trusted Contax 645 has stopped working mid-shoot. It doesn't power on, doesn't fire, nothing in the viewfinder display, but it does give a slight whirring sound for a second when I switch it on or off.

I changed the batteries, tried several ones, both 2CR5 and AA in the power grip, tried an extra power grip. In the process I noticed that the 2CR5 was really hot when I took it out. So I am guessing fried electronics. Possibly I caused it by unscrewing the power grip with out switching the camera off?

I just spoke to Alpha Digital in the UK, they ship it to Japan, for an 8 week turnaround on repairs...8 weeks, this is my workhorse...

They were kind enough to send me the direct address to the repairer in Japan (as I am shipping from Denmark anyway), but I am hoping there is a repairer inGermany or perhaps France.

Your help and input is much appreciated.