The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DHW - Rolleiflex Hy6 Version 2

jerryreed

Does anyone have this camera? I am having a problem getting the camera to work with the SINAR eMotion 75LVr back.

SECOND QUESTION:
Will the Rolleiflex Version 2 Hy6 work with the APTUS II digital backs?

Anders_HK

Does anyone have this camera? I am having a problem getting the camera to work with the SINAR eMotion 75LVr back.
Per vague memory, was not Sinar Hy6 for Sinar mount of backs, while Rolleilex Hy6 and Leaf AFi camera was with mount for Leaf AFi backs? If so perhaps DHW can still provide Hy6 Mod2 for Sinar back???

Does anyone have this camera? I am having a SECOND QUESTION:
No, but almost yes... I have latest non Mod 2 Rolleiflex Hy6 and use with Leaf AFi-II 12 back. Rolleiflex Hy6 works with AFi-II backs that are same as Aptus-II backs except Leaf AFi mount, more modern casing than Aptus-II backs, rotating sensor and tilt display.

For more info and contact info to DHW (suggest contact either Mr. Hartje or Mr. Schoenrock);

Test reports and other information
Pascal's Rolleiflex Pages

Fwiw I am indded very pleased with my Hy6 and 80MP Leaf :thumbs:

Best regards,
Anders

jerryreed

Anders,

It is good to know that the Hy6 version 2 will work with the Aptus II 12, as you have. I am looking to go in that direction, but while waiting for the back to become available tried the SINAR back on the Rolleiflex Hy6 - and found that it does not seem to communicate.

I am awaiting an answer from DHW.

Thanks again for your positive experience, I was beginning to think that I had made a big boo boo.

Jerry

yaya

Does anyone have this camera?
Hi Jerry, the following backs work on the Hy6 mod 2:

Available new:
Credo 80 (AFi/ Hy6 mount) 80MP
Credo 60 (AFi/ Hy6 mount) 60MP
AFi-II 12 80MP
AFi-II 10 56MP

Available used:
AFi-II 7 33MP
AFi-II 6 28MP
AFi-II 5 22MP
AFi 7 33MP
AFi 6 28MP
AFi 5 22MP

Hope this helps
Yair

jerryreed

Yaya,

Thank you for your timely and comprehensive (and comforting) response. I have been unable to get a response from the company making the camera, so your response from the LEAF side is terrific.

Jerry

jerryreed

Anders,

I did get a reply, stating that he was out of the office and would respond when he returned. Thank you for your helpful suggestions, and up to date info.

Best regards,

Jerry