Site Sponsors

Thread: Mounting Filter Holder - Cambo Wide Lenses

Post Thanks / Like

Mounting Filter Holder - Cambo Wide Lenses

How are you attaching a filter holder (Lee for example) on Cambo lenses with bull handles? I have tried a series of step-up rings to move the filter holder past the handles, but it does not seem to be sturdy enough for long term use (maybe rings were poor quality). I suppose I can remove the handles, but I prefer to have them for more secure handling of the lenses. Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mounting Filter Holder - Cambo Wide Lenses

Hi John,
    I used Lee Filter and was oblige to remove the handles on my 35 to get full flexibility. Cheers Jean-Luc

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mounting Filter Holder - Cambo Wide Lenses

Quote Originally Posted by sc_john View Post
    How are you attaching a filter holder (Lee for example) on Cambo lenses with bull handles? I have tried a series of step-up rings to move the filter holder past the handles, but it does not seem to be sturdy enough for long term use (maybe rings were poor quality). I suppose I can remove the handles, but I prefer to have them for more secure handling of the lenses. Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

John
    Just a suggestion, but my 35mm has smaller bull handles on it, with the centre filter on, a Lee filter set should fit pretty easily.

This is not the case for my 47mm whose handles are far too large, but may work with my 24mm (which currently has no centre filter, but may fit with one attached). The pic below shows it should probably fit.

Good luck, I'd be interested in a solution as well.