The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tear with the Hasselblad HVD90X viewfinder eye cup

powerziggy

Hi! I have a tear with my Hasselblad HVD90X viewfinder eye cup. Is there any replacement for the eye cup? If it does, it is difficult to replace the eye cup on my own, or do I need to send the viewfinder to Hasselblad for service? Any help will be very much appreciated.

BANKER1

Upon looking up the Amazon link, I found that they were asking $89.00. You can contact Nicole Patchell, Dealer Order Dept Supvsr / Parts Dept. at Hasselblad. NJ. In an e-mail to me she quoted $35.00 for the eyecup. Her e-mail is [email protected].

Good luck,

Greg Keeton

powerziggy

Thank you for the suggestion. Greg, have you replaced the eye cup before? Is it difficult to do? Thank you again.

Professional

I will try to see if our local dealer of Hasselblad has that VF i-cup, i lost mine too and i keep shooting without to get used to it even difficult, i swear if i can buy an eye cup then i will use the strongest glue to keep it on there permanently.

rmueller

Not of immediate help of course, a HB rep recently demonstrated the H5D
to me and one of the things he was proud of was the new eye cup. In fact,
he picked the camera with lens attached on the eye cup.
He told me that the H5D eye cup could be used on H3D and H4D cameras
as well.
Anyway, just FYI in case you're considering glueing things together as it seems
there is something better coming.

Regards,
Ralf

David Schneider

I got one of the $35 replacement eye cups from Hasselblad. Not a big deal to put on. But I would strongly suggest you get a few black electrical ties to keep in your bag. Use one tight around the eye cup to help keep it on. Even with that, if you bang the side of some cases putting it away you can knock off the cup (as I did last week). That's why I said to keep a few of those ties in your camera bag; fair chance it will happen again. I wouldn't glue it. This works.

powerziggy

Thank you very much. I will order the eye cup from Hasselblad and get a few of those electrical ties from Home Depot.

David Schneider

Thank you very much. I will order the eye cup from Hasselblad and get a few of those electrical ties from Home Depot.
It's low tech. It's a bit ugly. But it does help. Just take a little care so the tie is in the best possible place when you're done and snip off the excess.

BANKER1

It was very aggravating to have it pop off all the time, so I was tempted to put on a zip tie as well. However, I can't get my head around putting a zip tie on such an expensive piece of equipment. So, I glued it back on, and it seems to be holding fairly well. But, I am very careful as I get it out and put it in my bag.

Greg

Stan ROX

Just be careful with the eye-cup. I suggest to put the glue on while the eye-pice itself is unmonted.

It's really a very bad design - can't believe they didn't find a better solution while thinking over how to work (and look thru) a 40'000 $ camera ... ?

Regards

Stan ROX
stanROX.com