The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo Mounts

alajuela

Hi
I just got a Cambo RS with the Rodenstock 40 and 70.
Getting the lens cap off the 70 requires a knife or else some really small human with really really small fingers.
I was wondering what other people do.
It would be great it there was a soft rubber cap that fit the Cambo Lens mount, then there would be no real need for the cap on the back of the lens, It seams using a lens wrap would not really solve the question of dust.
Anybody have any ideas, (other than physical or mental therapy)?
Thanks
Phil

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
You might want to take a look at Optech hood hats. Alpa provide these for lenses and they work well to cover the lens body mount (and by definition the rear lens element) and I would assume that one their larger hats would fit the Cambo lens board too.

Shashin

I made a loop from electrical tape for the rear cap in my 135mm for the Horseman SW612. Not only did it make pulling the cap off easy, it was bright red to remind me to take it off.

JonMo

I slide the back 10mm right and down so I can get the edge of the cap with my fingers. Works for me and I have fairly large hands.

rhsu

I used a rubber "O" ring and a fine nylon thread and simply sewn the "O" ring to the cap, making sure to use the same two needle holes (ie to avoid dust getting in).

alajuela

You might want to take a look at Optech hood hats. Alpa provide these for lenses and they work well to cover the lens body mount (and by definition the rear lens element) and I would assume that one their larger hats would fit the Cambo lens board too.
Hi
I went with Graham's idea and ordered the LensCoat Small Hoodie Lens Hood Cover from B&H and if stretches nicely over the cambo mount on the lens.
I think this will work
Phil