Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Capture One 7 - It's doubled my MPixels!

Post Thanks / Like

Capture One 7 - It's doubled my MPixels!

Despite crashing my machine a few times - bugs don't seem to have been entirely ironed out - the new C1 is doing amazing things with my raw files. I was thinking of upgrading my P45+ to a P65 but, frankly, C1 has done it for me - the files are spectacularly more detailed. The images look like they have at least half as much detail again, perhaps double. Colours and noise are both significantly improved too.

No, I couldn't believe it either - check for yourselves!

Leaves me with a major problem of course: now I'm thinking I'll have to go back and reprocess thousands of old images to get the best out of them...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Capture One 7 - It's doubled my MPixels!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Osbourne View Post
    Despite crashing my machine a few times - bugs don't seem to have been entirely ironed out - the new C1 is doing amazing things with my raw files. I was thinking of upgrading my P45+ to a P65 but, frankly, C1 has done it for me - the files are spectacularly more detailed. The images look like they have at least half as much detail again, perhaps double. Colours and noise are both significantly improved too.

No, I couldn't believe it either - check for yourselves!

Leaves me with a major problem of course: now I'm thinking I'll have to go back and reprocess thousands of old images to get the best out of them...
    Yeah, that is a downside
    -bob

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Going back is not going to be fun but I totally agree. Any cam you shot or have on hand now is a big improvement.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Over the years, there have been lots of debates on whether the overhead of shooting RAW was worth the overhead. Of course in the MFDB world, RAW is the only option. I have personally always shot RAW and started using C1 in version 2 or 3.

I remember Reichmann making the case for RAW a few years ago that it would allow for re-processing of images down the road as software technology moved forward. C1 7 certainly validates this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

He is not the only one been saying it for at least 10 years.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just imagine what it does to an IQ180 or Credo or Aptus-ii12 file :-).

Dante's fires are all consuming.
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have found in v6 that images always appear sharper in PS than C1, maybe a v7 viewer improvement

Post Thanks / Like

crashing or slowing down the computer to the point it's just not workable any more may be one point which surely will be sorted out in the next upgrades or fixed with the purchase of faster hardware, but not being able to look at the old raw's like you adjusted them is a absolute deal breaker. really.. I'm not amused…
    you must stay with both versions on the machine if you want to look at the old files the way you intended it. (wich is not a good idea) it's like using a complete new software which is not compatible…

there's no way you go picking up every older pre v7-file and having it reprocessed completely because the look is destroyed by the new software version…. let alone you have to review entire jobs for some reason. hope this get's sorted out as fast as possible… no one else noticing this ??? I mean that's the main point with v7…
    the quality on the other side is really great !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6x7 View Post
    there's no way you go picking up every older pre v7-file and having it reprocessed completely because the look is destroyed by the new software version….
    I don't think it should be expected for images precessed in V6 to look the same after the upgrade to V7 because they use a totally different rendering engines. How you could expect Phase to produce like for like conversions when you consider all the possible variables involved with each RAW adjustment.

The crashing is annoying though. I have days when it only crashes a couple of times, others it just won't work at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Hold on folks - FUD alert here.

I think what 6x7 is concerned about is whether or not v6 files will render correctly in their unmodified state in v7. If I'm mistaken I apologize, but that's how I read the post.

I know in Aperture whenever Apple upgrades the RAW processing algorithm that you are given a choice as to whether or not you want to upgrade all of the images currently in the Aperture library to the new RAW engine, or leave them as-is. If you leave them alone, they will still render with the old RAW engine, but you still have the option in the future to upgrade any particular image to the new. Is this not how it works in C1?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

C1-7 contains both the new 7 and old 6 processing engines, so YES it will render old files as you originally processed them. HOWEVER, once you re-render with the new 7 engine, you cannot revert to the V6 state inside C1-7. For that you need to have an installation of C1-6 on your computer and then reprocess it there.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeckardTrinity View Post
    I think what 6x7 is concerned about is whether or not v6 files will render correctly in their unmodified state in v7. If I'm mistaken I apologize, but that's how I read the post.
    Like Jack said, V6 RAW files in V7 software use the old V6 rendering engine until you opt to upgrade the engine. Without upgrading the engine, V6 RAW files/sessions look and behave the same in V7 as they did in V6.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you deckartTrinity. that's exactly what I was trying to say. I want to look at the files in v7 like I left them in v6, and then decide to mabe clone and readjust/reprocess with the v7 engine if I need for whatever reason.

at the current state just opening up v7 and clicking a completely "virgin" v6 adjusted file will lead to a completely different look depending on what you did with it in v6. it also processes completely different. it is most obvious with b&w adjusted pictures where contrast and shadow is so badly applied that a picture can go almost entirely black in the shadows and completely overblown in the mids/heights. it has nothing to do with the original picture…

think at all the hundreds of hours spent on tweaking out certain styles for certain pictures… just gone if you decide to stay with v7… (at the current state)

it's like you spent years of writing a book and at some point someone just changes the syntax/nuances of your text… (it's a nightmare)

YES Jack… v7 contains the new 7 and the old 6 processing engine.
    NO Jack, :-) it will not display/render the old file like you adjusted it on the v6 engine. (at least not on my computer…)

(hope I got it right now because I'm not a native english speaker)

just go back to an old folder where you adjusted a file to B&W and tell me if it looks like you have it in mind. it is definitely like night and day… or just open both versions and look at the same file simultaneously.

paul

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

at the current state just opening up v7 and clicking a completely "virgin" v6 adjusted file will lead to a completely different look depending on what you did with it in v6. it also processes completely different. it is most obvious with b&w adjusted pictures where contrast and shadow is so badly applied that a picture can go almost entirely black in the shadows and completely overblown in the mids/heights. it has nothing to do with the original picture…

[...]

YES Jack… v7 contains the new 7 and the old 6 processing engine.
    NO Jack, :-) it will not display/render the old file like you adjusted it on the v6 engine. (at least not on my computer…)
    Hi Paul:
    - good news: this is not the way a properly functioning installation of v7 works
    - bad news: I can't explain why this is happening on your system. I'd suggest a clean install (removing the extra app support and pref files) and if it persists start a support case.

When a properly functioning v7 installation looks at an image that was adjusted in v6 it will be rendered effectively identically to the way v6 rendered it. ONLY when you push the "upgrade to v7" does it change, in accordance to the new math available in v7.

Jack: you in fact CAN revert an image that was upgraded to v7 back to the math of v6. Change preferences: default rendering to v6 and then create a "new variant" and (if desired) copy and apply the v7 upgraded settings to the v6 image (e.g. crop/rotation etc). This won't be a popularly used work around though given how universally better the v7 math is than the v6 math.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you doug,

I swiched back and forth with "superclean" installs and unfortunately with no result. will wait for 7.1 or whatever version. I was just curious if someone else experienced the same habits in v7 and if there's a fix for this problem. I have already heard from a collegue experiencing the same problem on different machines.

thanks for the replys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Are all comments above re OSX version?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Under OSX 10.8.2 - things look perfectly fine for me. Older files processed in v.6 look the same when viewed in v.7 (no changes to engine or anything, just opening the old session). In other words, I can not see the problem 6x7 is reporting. When the engine is changed to v.7 the files do look different, and the settings need updating to get the optimal image. Maybe a Windows/PC issue as Lars alludes to...?

Cheers, -Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Oh, I'm just wondering what level of stability to expect under Windows, I'm not a past C1 user - downloading the trial now.

Post Thanks / Like

I just moved from ACR to C1 7.

I'm reprocessing some of my favourite old images and I'm having fun.
    The result are quite different and it is driving me to change my processing style.

I have one question for experts on C1:

I used to be able to open any file with ACR, process it and get a sidecar XMP, so I didn't need to create sessions to have the correlation with the files i was processing.
    Could I get this sort of behaviour with C1?

Is confusing which one is the folder holds the correlation of the processing data and how to make it work if I have to move a file or something.

I have watch all the training videos but this subject is not explain further than creating sessions or catalogs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, in the capture folder (wherever you imported your image to) there will be a subfolder titled "CaptureOne." Inside that are a few more subfolders, you want the one titled "Settings70." An easier way is to simply use the "Pack as EIP" option which loads all of your adjustments and any masks and LCCs all into one file with the image, and any other C1 user can open just as you processed it.
    Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

Jack thanks for the info. Most appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on OSX 10.7.4 and it's patchy stability-wise. Sometimes I can use it with no problem, other times, it majorly crashes the entire machine when I select several images. Why can't it just crash itself like every other app?? C1 is a bit of a prima donna if you ask me!

Anyway, I tried processing a few 1DsII, 1DsIII and 5DII files yesterday, with stunning results - noise control, sharpness and colours are all much improved.

I tried setting up a Catalog for reprocessing old images, but every time I import new images, it deletes the old ones. Anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

OSX 10.8.2 here, C1v7 crashes occasionally. Never crashes the whole system though. I couldn't open my MediaPro lib with 70K images, it died badly. In all other respects it's F.A.B.

Post Thanks / Like

I have LR4 and DxO-7 and I have used C1 in the past when it was included with my M8. Though I can’t say I’m proficient with any of them I can say that LR seems to be easier to use and navigate. It’s also much more supported on the web for learning and that’s important to me. Even so I decided to try this new version of C1v7 and all I can say is wow! The default NR compared with the other two is very impressive.

BTW: I'm using OS 10.8.2 on a 2009 MacPro Quad w/12gb of RAM with all three apps (C1/DxO/LR) running and so far I haven't crashed.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 14th November 2012 at 08:20.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ortego View Post
    I have LR4 and DxO-7 and I have used C1 in the past when it was included with my M8. Though I can’t say I’m proficient with any of them I can say that LR seems to be easier to use and navigate. It’s also much more supported on the web for learning and that’s important to me. Even so I decided to try this new version of C1v7 and all I can say is wow! The default NR compared with the other two is very impressive.

BTW: I'm using OS 10.8.2 on a 2009 MacPro Quad w/12gb of RAM with all three apps (C1/DxO/LR) running and so far I haven't crashed.
    I absolutely agree that LR has more total resources for learning, but do you really need many resources or just a few good ones?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Doug, I may very well sign-up for the Basic course, as I had no idea this was available. The more I play around with this thing' the more I like it. My A900 files are starting to look more like they came from a D800.
    Regards,
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 14th November 2012 at 10:06.

Post Thanks / Like

I felt that it was very stable on two computers with 10.6.8. Then I started getting ever more frequent crashes to the point that I couldn't do anything before another one. This was exasperating. I trashed the preferences and am now in a period of relative stability.

Concur that there are some significant improvements. Especially shadow/highlight and am enjoying the new 'punch' in moderation - I reckon a small slap is all it needs! Am tempted to do support case requesting they replace numbers for punch with a scale giving worded descriptions ranging from tickle to seeing stars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

For the brief time I used v7 on my MBP Retina 13", it was quite stable. The MBR went back as it was just not performing as well as I had hoped, although the size of it is incredible . The 15" version is on its way. I have not used it much on my Mac Pro yet.

It maybe that v7 is a little more stable on 10.8 than 10.7, or at least appears that way looking at the comments here and my experience with it on the MBP which ships with 10.8. I could be wrong.

Now on my 5th major release of C1, I always found the layout and workflow very intuitive, and P1 support has been very good when I needed it. With Adobe, neither of these have been pleasant experiences. As functionality has been enriched over the releases, such as the addition of layers, printing etc., I find it very easy to stay within C1. The improved quality of the output in v7, along with new features like cataloging and the gradient filter, makes it even more convenient to stay within C1.

As with any major release, there will be some growing pains. Software companies should not GA a release until x.1 and should rather go through some controlled introduction process with x.0 if it was up to me, but the realities of competition and customers usually trump this. I recall a few months ago when LR4 was released, there were strong calls for the next version of C1 to be out, so we all part of this process

But all is not rosy. I had hoped that they would have added some feature to the printing function like the ability to add a simple line border. Sorry if this makes you chuckle

Stitching within C1, and especially directly on the raw file, while being non-destructive would be very clever. Not sure if this is feasible, but I would think that as tech cams become an increasingly important differentiator for MFDB vs. integrated DSLRs, supporting this kind of thing will become a priority. The focus on improving LCC useability in v7 is a very good sign.

The one "feature" I am still waiting for, at least for minor and maintenance releases, to be able to just upgrade via the application, instead of the whole "remove everything" and reinstall. Especially on the Mac, this should not be difficult. Having lived in the software world for 20 years, and jaded, I will continue to call this a feature, along with other features like documentation, release notes etc.

Bottom line for me.....for the relatively low price of the software, and the extremely generous upgrade fees, I think we are getting a great deal here. Remember, these guys are very small fish compared to Adobe and Apple, and they still continue to impress me with their software.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougpeterson View Post
    Hi Paul:
    - good news: this is not the way a properly functioning installation of v7 works
    - bad news: I can't explain why this is happening on your system. I'd suggest a clean install (removing the extra app support and pref files) and if it persists start a support case.

When a properly functioning v7 installation looks at an image that was adjusted in v6 it will be rendered effectively identically to the way v6 rendered it. ONLY when you push the "upgrade to v7" does it change, in accordance to the new math available in v7.

Jack: you in fact CAN revert an image that was upgraded to v7 back to the math of v6. Change preferences: default rendering to v6 and then create a "new variant" and (if desired) copy and apply the v7 upgraded settings to the v6 image (e.g. crop/rotation etc). This won't be a popularly used work around though given how universally better the v7 math is than the v6 math.
    Tip for anyone who wants to keep a V6 version of the file. Open the session, select the file, Right Click, Clone Variant, upgrade the variant to V7. Now you have both versions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wentbackward View Post
    Tip for anyone who wants to keep a V6 version of the file. Open the session, select the file, Right Click, Clone Variant, upgrade the variant to V7. Now you have both versions.
    I thougt clone variant made a virtual copy of the file, not a duplicate. For example (at least in V6) you couldn't colour tag the variant different to the original as they were one and the same file. Would be good if all this has changed in V7?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes just a virtual copy. The colour tagging is still flawed, also if you keep raw and jpegs together, they both get the tag still. You can have a V6 and V7 variant side by side using the above procedure as long as the file was previously processed in V6.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Some of the above posts are not correct.

A variant in v7 CAN be assigned a different color tag than another variant of the same file. Said differently selecting a variant and setting a color tag on that variant has no impact on the color tag of the other variants of that image.

You CAN move between v6 and v7 math (either direction) using "new variant". If you are moving from v6 to v7 math then set your preferences to "default engine: v7", clone your variant and push "upgrade" in the base characteristics tool. If you are moving from v7 to v6 math then you set preferences to "default engine: v6" and start a NEW variant which will automatically be a v6 math variant.

Since we are talking about math only, and no change to the actual raw file sitting on the hard drive, it's perfectly possible to have two variants of one raw file, one with each version of the math.

Granted I can't think of many reasons to move down from v7 math to v6 math given how great an improvement v7 math is. I had to learn to do it so I could take images that had only been seen in v7 and make comparisons between the two maths for educational purposes.

If any of the above does not describe C1 on your computer then you are experience a bug or a misunderstanding. The way I describe it is the way it should work on a properly functioning installation of v7.0.

Post Thanks / Like

A variant in v7 CAN be assigned a different color tag than another variant of the same file. Said differently selecting a variant and setting a color tag on that variant has no impact on the color tag of the other variants of that image.
    Great news that Doug as this was never possible in V6. Shame you still can't give the variant a different name though eg. shotX-original and shotX-moody etc for quick browsing reference.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gazwas View Post
    Great news that Doug as this was never possible in V6. Shame you still can't give the variant a different name though eg. shotX-original and shotX-moody etc for quick browsing reference.
    I'd definitely appreciate the ability to accomplish that goal. But it would have to be done in such a way that the name of the underlying raw file was not obscured. The entire point is there is only one raw file, so anything that makes it less transparent that there is only one raw file will confuse many users.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am pretty sure you can copy a v6 raw file directly in it's current folder and rename it with say a "_7" after the existing filename, then apply the 7 engine to that copy. The 2 files should remain side-by-side in your browser.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

sorry, didn't have the time to follow the post… but this is in addition to what i described before.
    mostly with b&W conversions. first is v6 and second v7. anyone any idea ?

Post Thanks / Like

sorry, didn't have the time to follow the post… but this is in addition to what i described before.
    mostly with b&W conversions. first is v6 and second v7. anyone any idea ?

Edit: I see now you are comparing v6 with v7(with v6 engine) and not v6 engine with v7 engine. Sorry for the confusion....

In my experience, the C1 v7 and v6 engines have very different responses to the same adjustments. So a comparison between v6 and v7 with the same adjustments is not very meaningful. I have definitely had to relearn how to get the look I want. My old v6 adjustments with v7 are NOT anywhere near the same. I'm not sure if the intention was for them to be similar, but they are clearly not. So your results are not surprising, at least to me.
    Last edited by alan_w_george; 15th November 2012 at 14:10.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

O yeah, this is the old very understandable misunderstanding that the number in the user interface refers to something absolute or fixed.

"33 points of contrast" in C1v3,C1v4,C1v6, C1v7,LR1, LR4, Aperture 3 are all fundamentally different.

Specifically between v6 and v7 the increased range of highlight and shadow recovery in v7 meant that you could end up with a very flat image in which the max contrast in v6 would not be enough. This necessitated increasing the relative strength of the contrast slider in v7, especially at higher values.

Similar things happened to many other sliders. For instance the single-pixel noise reduction slider is now so much better at finding pesky single pixels that the previous max setting of 100 was deemed too low of a maximum. The "new" 100 is more like 120 would have been in v6 had 120 been an allowed value.

When you upgrade an image from the v6 engine to the v7 engine it should adjust some slider positions according to a rough approximation of their relative positions in the new engine. But it's impossible (or at least highly impractical) for them to provide such adjustments in a way that maintains identical looks for all images, especially when any HDR or clarity is in use (since the math for those has fundamentally changed in a very drastic way).

So bottom line, when you upgrade from v6 to v7 engine the look of the image may change. It will change more if you've used HDR or clarity.

If maintaining the same look as before is important then you have two options:
    - leave the image in v6 engine; it won't change one bit
    - make a variant, upgrade the engine of the variant to v7, and adjust (manually) to match as much as two different engines can
    Last edited by dougpeterson; 15th November 2012 at 12:38.

Post Thanks / Like

If maintaining the same look as before is important then you have two options:
    - leave the image in v6 engine; it won't change one bit
    - make a variant, upgrade the engine of the variant to v7, and adjust (manually) to match as much as two different engines can

ok, thanks Doug but I may give up at this point and see what the next iteration brings up…

one last try: mabe it's because of my faulty english… did you look at the picture ? the upgrade option is still there. the file is UNTOUCHED and left in the v6 engine. it is not upgraded to v7 engine. so it should be displayed like in v6.
    and as you say: "leave the image in v6 engine; it won't change one bit" hey…. IT CHANGED… as one can see….

so end of the story up until now... using CAPTURE ONE 7 means you throw away all the adjustments/looks/styles you build up over the years ? that's the main point !!!

cheers, paul

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

ok, thanks Doug but I may give up at this point and see what the next iteration brings up…

one last try: mabe it's because of my faulty english… did you look at the picture ? the upgrade option is still there. the file is UNTOUCHED and left in the v6 engine. it is not upgraded to v7 engine. so it should be displayed like in v6.
    and as you say: "leave the image in v6 engine; it won't change one bit" hey…. IT CHANGED… as one can see….

so end of the story up until now... using CAPTURE ONE 7 means you throw away all the adjustments/looks/styles you build up over the years ? that's the main point !!!
    Paul: again, that's not normal or expected. You're experiencing some bug. Either uninstall v7, go back to v6 for now and put your head in the sand and presumably it will be fixed. OR stay on v7 and start a support case so you can help them figure out what's going on with your installation (because it's not normal). I'd prefer the later since I've not seen this bug reported elsewhere it could be a pretty unique bug which, if you don't repot it, might not be fixed quickly. But of course your job is not software testing, so it's perfectly understandable if you just want to give up and go to v6 for now.

On a normal v7 install when you view a v6-adjusted file it will be identical to how it looked in v6 until/unless you upgrade the engine.

Either way, reloading your v6 adjustments should be easy; either they are still there (in which case just reopen v6 and you will see them) or they've been screwed up by your buggy v7 install in which case you can easily reload them from your backup (you DO have a backup of your images right?). You don't even need to restore your raw files themselves from your backup - just the "Capture One" folder of sidecar adjustments.

Post Thanks / Like

Paul: again, that's not normal or expected. You're experiencing some bug. Either uninstall v7, go back to v6 for now and put your head in the sand and presumably it will be fixed.
    yes.. thanks Doug I now feel myself understood and warmly embraced by the care of the community :-)
    I really hope it's only a bug which will be sorted out… I allready did exactly what you suggested. as I am no software tester I'm back to v6 and my ears and mouth are full of sand now… :-)

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

yes.. thanks Doug I now feel myself understood and warmly embraced by the care of the community :-)
    I really hope it's only a bug which will be sorted out… I allready did exactly what you suggested. as I am no software tester I'm back to v6 and my ears and mouth are full of sand now… :-)
    I hope you did not misread my tone. I did not mean to be negative of harsh.

With the language difference I was only trying to be direct/straight-forward to let you know that what you were experiencing was not normal.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just imagine what it does to an IQ180 or Credo or Aptus-ii12 file :-).

Dante's fires are all consuming.
    All I can say is that my IQ160 seems to have had what feels like a $10k upgrade.

I was very very nearly a convert to LR 4.1/ACR 7.1 due to the superior shadow performance but C1 7 has been making a huge difference to the rendering of my files. For my Nikon files I still use LR but for Phase it's C1 7 all the way.

I'd definitely agree that the image rendering does certainly seem to present a noticeable increase in real resolution in my shots. Shadows are cleaner and image noise seems to be a lot less too. I'm actually finding myself pulling back the default sharpening too.

Very nice. I'm a happy camper.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bring your Nikon files over as wel. I see a big improvement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Bring your Nikon files over as wel. I see a big improvement.
    Damn - I just imported a bunch of files from my D600 that I hadn't realized I'd shot at ISO3200. They look like ISO 400

Hmm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yup big improvements. My D800 ISO 3200 are useable.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again Doug for your valuable input and clarificarions!! if only we had dealers like yourselves here in Asia!!

Post Thanks / Like

Canon 1DSIII files have also taken a massive jump in quality. Who needs a D800 when the old girl looks this good now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gazwas View Post
    Canon 1DSIII files have also taken a massive jump in quality. Who needs a D800 when the old girl looks this good now.
    There's an old phrase that still holds true - if it's not broke, don't fix it.

I may have to run some of my old D1, D1x & D2x files through C1 7 now myself.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Or a further old phrase - if you can't fix it with duct tape, it ain't broke.
    Bill